We spent 3 nights at this lovely property and enjoyed it immensely. The “rejuvenation package” was $359 and included a standard room, free valet parking ($32 value/night), free breakfast ($35-$60 value), and $150 spa credit per night. Ultimately, the room $127/night + taxes which is a GREAT VALUE!
The Valet parking was friendly and extremely efficient both in dropping off the car and calling for the car.
The breakfast was beyond expectations. Two days we had breakfast in Ostra and had a buffet selection for $17/person and they would serve pancakes and French toast from the kitchen. Buffet isn’t a great term to describe the breakfast offered; it was classy and elegant and had a lot of high end selections of cheeses, fruits, jams, butters, omelet station, fabulous blueberry sausage and crispy bacon. The French toast was fabulous! One morning we had room service breakfast (before our spa appointments) and that was also above expectations and included for no charge (except tip) with the daily breakfast package.
The room (273) was a nice size and we upgraded to the balcony river view for $100 night. The hardwood in the room was nice (vs. carpet) but was stained, scratched and filled and could have used refinishing. The bed—HEAVENLY linens, very comfortable! The in room espresso machine was a very nice touch. The TV wasn’t a flat screen and I would upgrade this if I ran the property. The furniture in the room was nice and comfy, the lamps a little worn. The internet in the room was sporadic. Sine we had a street/river front room, there were times that it was noisy and if you are sensitive to noise, I would move to a higher floor.
In the bathroom, we loved the jetted tub for two in the and the victorian faucet to fill it. The marble décor was nice and neutral and made the bath feel clean. The vanity and fixtures were nice and the ability to dim the lighting was nice. Our only outlet in the bathroom did not work the first day but was fixed after we reported the issue to the front desk. The shower was nice and the showerhead had excellent flow and the volume control function was nice. The shower could have been larger to accommodate two people.
At the spa, m husband and I booked a 50 minute couples massage which was FABULOUS. We then had lunch at the rooftop pool (which we loved) and came back down to enjoy the spa amenities individually before our afternoon facials. The spa amenities included a steam room, sauna, hot tub, shower, lockers, relaxation room etc. I was disappointed in some of the details/upkeep at the spa including the hot tub area where the ceiling was somewhat dirty and the “candles” on the wall burnt out. Additionally, in the relaxation room, we could hear every customers being given the tour, toilets flushing, showers, etc. The biggest disappointment of all is the lack of unisex/couples space. My husband and I could not use the amenities together and only the massage offered couples time together. I believe the lack of couples amenities is a big negative for this spa and the attention to details sometimes seemed overlooked.
The Service at this property was Excellent!!! from Check in, check out, restaurant, room service, housekeeping, spa, pool—a great team has been assembled at this hotel and is very customer focused. Standouts include Kate at Ostra (breakfast), Carol at the rooftop café/bar, Robert at the spa, and an older friendly lady at the pool changing the chair covers. They all had that extra special genuine touch truly happy personalities-- wanting the guest to experience to be extremely positive.
I would stay here again with a package deal, I would have been disappointed if we had paid $299/night just for the room. However, the staff is wonderful and the location on the river walk is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio’s world-famous River Walk. Just steps from all the action yet worlds away, this inviting oasis has all the best creature comforts easily at hand, including luxurious accommodations, first-class amenities, fine dining and a full-service spa. Plus, our attentive staff is always available to make your stay in San Antonio a truly memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mokara Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mokara Hotel San Antonio
- Watermark Hotel San Antonio
- Mokara Hotel And Spa San Antonio, Texas