From the email before we ever left home (Concierge touching base with us and introducing themself) to the elegantly appointed lobby/hotel.. to the pristinely professional staff..
Check in was a breeze, and the lobby was a beautiful retreat from the hub-bub of the bustling Riverwalk and San Antonio streets. The Valet was wonderful and always helpful with tips on parking during our excursions.
The hallways were quiet and wide. It felt like we were in a really nice, private apartment building - not a hotel. Our room was gorgeous and almost every light was dimmable so we could pick the exact lighting to our preference. There was also a ceiling fan, which is often needed in Texas (even in December!) The ceilings were very high with beautiful crown moulding detail. I would decorate my home the way they had the room set up. :)
The tub had jets, but sadly I didn't get a chance to use it. The shower was lovely and the light was even on a dimmer in there! Single sink.. HUGE framed mirror.. Jars with cotton balls and cotton swabs. And to one side of the sink they had a pretty magnifying mirror on a silver stand.
I have to say, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. I'm honestly quite saddened to only have had 1 night there. I informed my husband we "WILL be coming back here!"
At one point our keys didn't work to get in the room, and the desk man gave us 2 vouchers to their breakfast for the next morning (a DEAL because the basic breakfast is $18 pp) - we smiled and thanked him very much for his service and kindness :) Speaking of breakfast, the restaurant downstairs is Ostra. We loved the breakfast, and I thought their coffee was really good. I had 3 cups, which isn't my norm. haha As it turns out, I probably would have happily paid $18 for that breakfast - I was very satisfied.
RIGHT on a great part of the Riverwalk... I hope to return and use the spa! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio’s world-famous River Walk. Just steps from all the action yet worlds away, this inviting oasis has all the best creature comforts easily at hand, including luxurious accommodations, first-class amenities, fine dining and a full-service spa. Plus, our attentive staff is always available to make your stay in San Antonio a truly memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mokara Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mokara Hotel San Antonio
- Watermark Hotel San Antonio
- Mokara Hotel And Spa San Antonio, Texas