“Great hotel, great staff, and free food!!”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #69 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
florida
“Great hotel, great staff, and free food!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I spent 3 nights here at the Drury, and chose this hotel based on reviews. It was an excellent choice. The staff was very friendly and attentive. My room was large and the bed was so comfortable. The best thing about this hotel was the food....if you are on a budget, and worry about eating out for three meals a day, then this is a great place to stay. Breakfast is decent, lots of hot selections, cereals, fresh waffles, eggs...ect. There is hot coffee all day, and a soda fountain as well. At 3PM they have a popcorn popper, that makes yummy fresh popcorn. And starting at 5:30 you get a light meal (hot dogs, mac n cheese, chips and salsa, loaded baked potatoes) Plus each night you get 2 free drinks from the bar! I thought for the money, this was a great deal. It was clean, comfortable and well staffed. I would definitely chose this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank joybuyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had the unfortunate problem of having my room next to a high school marching band. They returned at about 11:00 the first night, and proceeded to yell, scream, bang on doors, and generally annoy anyone in the vicinity for about a half hour. Then, their adult "supervisors" started banging on doors to wake them up at 4:30 AM. After listening to this and having them congregate outside my door (yelling and screaming), I finally blew my top. The next AM, the desk clerk (a) moved me to a better room on a different floor; (b) gave me a $20 credit for the problem; and (c) said that she would personally speak with the "supervisors". I couldn't have asked for more.

Overall, the hotel is fine -- my second room was very quiet, the bed was comfortable, the flat-screen TV worked well, and the place was very clean. The hotel also offers lots of amenities, including a full breakfast and drinks and snacks every evening. It is an excellent value, and I would not hesitate to stay again (except, not next to a group of rowdy and rude kids).

Room Tip: The quietest rooms will be on the 5th and 6th floors; these rooms are not around an atrium, and the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KingofThreePutts
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to Drury Inn and Suites and for sharing your feedback. We certainly apologize for the unfortunate incident you described. We regret any disappointment. However, I was pleased to learn that you found the staff to be so responsive and sincere and that you would not hesitate to return again. All of our team members try very hard to provide an outstanding hotel experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Swansea, IL
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here with my 2 sisters and brothers-in-law who have stayed at Drury's before. We all agreed that this one didn't quite have the level of excellence as others that we have stayed at before. The one item that we all agreed on was that the P.M. food wasn't quite as good as other Drury's that we have stayed at. We thought that there should be more variety in the food. We stayed 2 nights and the food was basically the same on both nights except for the meatballs and pasta being replaced with mac and cheese and chili (with no crackers). For guests that stay several nights, more variety would surely be appreciated. We did enjoy on both nights hot dogs, baked potatoes, nachos and cheese, salad, veggies, chips, and pretzels. Of course popcorn is a treat along with soft drinks. We really enjoyed the A.M. food as always--both hot and cold items with good coffee. A flat screen TV is provided. We wish Drury would use fiberboard instead of styrofoam plates, cups, and bowls. On a brighter note, Linda just gave us a delightful dining experience with her exhuberant personality. Way to go Linda!!!!! We loved you!!!

This 6-story hotel has 2 elevators (one provides a view of the atrium during travel), a covered drive thru with automatic doors and luggage carriers. Dale was very friendly and efficient during check in. A nice size lobby with lots of seating provides a warm environment; however, there was no TV. Two computers in the semi-private business center, an indoor pool and jaccuzi, and a fitness center with 4 machines are available. You may enjoy coffee 24/7.

Our room had wi-fi capability. The 2 queen beds were a little softer than I like but were comfortable enough. Our clean room had coffee/tea maker, a microwave, fridge, flat screen TV with good channel lineup, nice wall mirror, a recliner, desk with arm chair on rollers, iron and ironing board, and 3 drawers for storage.

The vanity and mirror are separate from the toilet and the tub/shower combo. Only one towel bar was available. Of course a hair dryer is available. A rubber mat should be provided for safety while showering. Gels are used for the shower, but we prefer bars of soap.

All in all, we will continue enjoying the Drury experience during our travels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaleSwansea_IL
Thank you for your recent visit to Drury Inn and Suites, and for sharing your feedback. It is always rewarding when our guests take the time to acknowledge our team members and the positive influence they have on your hotel experience. I will be certain to pass along your kind words to each of them.

I was also interested to read your comments on our food service. You might be pleased to know that your suggestions related to fiberboard and menu variety are currently being evaluated at all Drury Hotels. I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you in more detail about your experiences here at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived very late (4:30am), after a 26 hr drive we all fell asleep. Waking a few he's later we discovered the room to be very dirty. Called front desk, AGM didn't have the same room for us to move into, so they agreed to make arrangements for us in the Plaza across the parking lot. I very much appreciated the assistance & we loved then plaza! Unfortunately, we won't return here & pay the extra $20-30 to go to the plaza.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Mama20ne
Thank you for your recent visit to Drury Inn and Suites and the Drury Plaza Hotel. We were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, but concerned about your first impression of your guestroom. We regret any disappointment. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your experiences at our hotels. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

Davidsonville, MD
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Nice breakfast, nothing fancy but variety was nice. Waffles, oatmeal, dry cereals, plain bagels, raisin bagels, creme cheese/butter/jams, scrambled eggs, flat sausage, apples/bananas, sodas, biscuit/gravy and waffles with OJ or apple juice. I'm not a coffee drinker so I can't rate that. Room was nice size with free in room WiFi (a must for me). Coin laundry on site. No pool. Convenient location. Evening has what they call 'kickback' with cheese noodles, hot dogs, baked potatoes, nacho and chips, wavy chips, soup, salad (cut lettuce, carrots and celery only), chicken strips with BBQ sauce. Nice once or twice but it is the same every night. 3 Alcohol drinks free/night. I don't drink so I can not rate the quality. Free soda until 10 at night was nice along with free popcorn. Staff quite friendly and accommodating to guest needs. Had a nice stay so I booked for the Drury Inn & Suites in West Energy Corridor Houston for my next week (business meetings in each location). I will rate that hotel separately but I can say it was not nearly as nice on multiple levels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hobbs
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Our favorite part was the food and drink in afternoon. The inside pool was wonderful. We had one day of rain and the kids used it. Room was huge. Travled with teenagers. We had a living room and a bedroom with 2 beds. The two tv's were great. Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank dotc22
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very fine rooms, very friendly staff, good breakfast, clean all over. The Kick back 5:30-7:00 pm was quite ok, though the variety in the snacks is not optimal (only affects people who stay more than 3 days). I spent 4 nights in a row, and then returned for another 2 nights one week later. Will certainly go back there if my work takes me to North San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business