“Standard Drury Inn Formula”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #62 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
melbourne
“Standard Drury Inn Formula”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is a clean comfortable hotel for a short stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. The free evening meal had the same menu each day so if you were staying for a longer period it could become monotonous. The free breakfast was adequate. Dinner and breakfast time can get very busy on the weekend when there are a lot of families staying. This hotel is okay for all types of trips but is really geared towards families with kids. A note of advice -This is one of several Drury properties in the San Antonio area. Our navigation system struggled with the address and sent us to 2 other properties before we got the correct one.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank station

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a lot the past few months until now. The staff are great at providing good service inside the hotel. My problem was that my Work truck (valued over $60,000)was stolen from the well lit parking lot about 40 feet from the main entrance. They have no cameras outside, or any walking security. The Drury Plaza is next door and the parking lots connect with great lighting. You would think that between the 2 hotels they could have some kind of security in their parking area.The overflow parking is behind the building and is dark with no lights. My truck was stolen between 5:30PM and 8:00PM on a weekday. It was recovered a block away at La Quinta Inn thanks to it being equipped with GPS tracking. I lost over $4000 in tools and personal property.
Property can be painfully replaced. But with no security, it could be a person next time. Since their employees park in the back parking lot, I pray the can be safe somehow.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevators and ice machines. Ice is only on the 1st and 5th floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We take your feedback very seriously, as it provides us with immediate opportunities for improvement. Please know that our hotels, like most responsible businesses, do provide security patrols of our grounds 7 days per week. Being in a newly developing urban area, however, it is always a good idea to take additional precautions. Please know also that your experience was an isolated one. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the exceptional level of service that you should expect from Drury Hotels. If you would like to discuss anything further, or if there is anything else I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here while we took our kids for a weekend trip to Seaworld and did the Sesame Street breakfast. I've never stayed at a Drury before but it made it a place I look for now. Spacious, very clean, polite and helpful staff and rounded out with food and drinks provided- it makes it a steal o a deal for large families looking to save on costs. Another plus Sams club and other stores were only a couple streets over helping save more money. We will have this as one of our "go to" hotel providers!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank TXmom2three
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The place was nice, very clean, comfy bed, staff friendly and happy hour was fun. BUT. The walls are thin and I was kept up at night by the clang, ding and bang of the elevator as well as the street noise. Ask for a room away from the road and the elevator.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Renee P
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We genuinely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of noise. Please accept our sincere apologies as we do try hard to make your stay feel like your home away from home. I was happy to learn that you found the staff very friendly and were pleased with the amenities we have to offer. Your comments are very valuable to us and help us to constantly work to improve our service. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve you when you are in San Antonio again.

florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I spent 3 nights here at the Drury, and chose this hotel based on reviews. It was an excellent choice. The staff was very friendly and attentive. My room was large and the bed was so comfortable. The best thing about this hotel was the food....if you are on a budget, and worry about eating out for three meals a day, then this is a great place to stay. Breakfast is decent, lots of hot selections, cereals, fresh waffles, eggs...ect. There is hot coffee all day, and a soda fountain as well. At 3PM they have a popcorn popper, that makes yummy fresh popcorn. And starting at 5:30 you get a light meal (hot dogs, mac n cheese, chips and salsa, loaded baked potatoes) Plus each night you get 2 free drinks from the bar! I thought for the money, this was a great deal. It was clean, comfortable and well staffed. I would definitely chose this hotel again.

3 Thank joybuyer
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had the unfortunate problem of having my room next to a high school marching band. They returned at about 11:00 the first night, and proceeded to yell, scream, bang on doors, and generally annoy anyone in the vicinity for about a half hour. Then, their adult "supervisors" started banging on doors to wake them up at 4:30 AM. After listening to this and having them congregate outside my door (yelling and screaming), I finally blew my top. The next AM, the desk clerk (a) moved me to a better room on a different floor; (b) gave me a $20 credit for the problem; and (c) said that she would personally speak with the "supervisors". I couldn't have asked for more.

Overall, the hotel is fine -- my second room was very quiet, the bed was comfortable, the flat-screen TV worked well, and the place was very clean. The hotel also offers lots of amenities, including a full breakfast and drinks and snacks every evening. It is an excellent value, and I would not hesitate to stay again (except, not next to a group of rowdy and rude kids).

Room Tip: The quietest rooms will be on the 5th and 6th floors; these rooms are not around an atrium, and the...
2 Thank KingofThreePutts
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to Drury Inn and Suites and for sharing your feedback. We certainly apologize for the unfortunate incident you described. We regret any disappointment. However, I was pleased to learn that you found the staff to be so responsive and sincere and that you would not hesitate to return again. All of our team members try very hard to provide an outstanding hotel experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Swansea, IL
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here with my 2 sisters and brothers-in-law who have stayed at Drury's before. We all agreed that this one didn't quite have the level of excellence as others that we have stayed at before. The one item that we all agreed on was that the P.M. food wasn't quite as good as other Drury's that we have stayed at. We thought that there should be more variety in the food. We stayed 2 nights and the food was basically the same on both nights except for the meatballs and pasta being replaced with mac and cheese and chili (with no crackers). For guests that stay several nights, more variety would surely be appreciated. We did enjoy on both nights hot dogs, baked potatoes, nachos and cheese, salad, veggies, chips, and pretzels. Of course popcorn is a treat along with soft drinks. We really enjoyed the A.M. food as always--both hot and cold items with good coffee. A flat screen TV is provided. We wish Drury would use fiberboard instead of styrofoam plates, cups, and bowls. On a brighter note, Linda just gave us a delightful dining experience with her exhuberant personality. Way to go Linda!!!!! We loved you!!!

This 6-story hotel has 2 elevators (one provides a view of the atrium during travel), a covered drive thru with automatic doors and luggage carriers. Dale was very friendly and efficient during check in. A nice size lobby with lots of seating provides a warm environment; however, there was no TV. Two computers in the semi-private business center, an indoor pool and jaccuzi, and a fitness center with 4 machines are available. You may enjoy coffee 24/7.

Our room had wi-fi capability. The 2 queen beds were a little softer than I like but were comfortable enough. Our clean room had coffee/tea maker, a microwave, fridge, flat screen TV with good channel lineup, nice wall mirror, a recliner, desk with arm chair on rollers, iron and ironing board, and 3 drawers for storage.

The vanity and mirror are separate from the toilet and the tub/shower combo. Only one towel bar was available. Of course a hair dryer is available. A rubber mat should be provided for safety while showering. Gels are used for the shower, but we prefer bars of soap.

All in all, we will continue enjoying the Drury experience during our travels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaleSwansea_IL
Thank you for your recent visit to Drury Inn and Suites, and for sharing your feedback. It is always rewarding when our guests take the time to acknowledge our team members and the positive influence they have on your hotel experience. I will be certain to pass along your kind words to each of them.

I was also interested to read your comments on our food service. You might be pleased to know that your suggestions related to fiberboard and menu variety are currently being evaluated at all Drury Hotels. I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you in more detail about your experiences here at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.