“Labor Day get away success”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #64 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We requested a handicap accessible room which exceeded our over all expectancy. Plenty of storage with 2 dressers & desk. Great hot breakfast plus nice evening food and drinks that could pass as a meal. Really liked covered parking garage to keep car cool & secure with easy access to rooms & lobby. Great hot breakfast with plenty of sitting plus nice evening food and drinks that could pass as a meal. Will defiantly stay at this hotel on our next visit to San Antonio. Perfect for empty nesters to families if looking for a convenient location from airport, Walmart, restaurants, & highways to attractions.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Beachsuner

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I must say. The room was quite nice. The customer service was superb. The breakfast buffet was a big disappointment. The food was sub par. None of the food was hot or warm. There was not enough staff to maintain the buffet food. The coffee was good,as were the biscuits were good as well as the waffles. The juice was not replenished so, we did not get a chance to taste it. I cannot speak on the evening meal. We missed it. I am disappointed with the food,happy with the room and the customer service. Will I stay here again? Probably not. Too far off the freeway.

1  Thank ada62
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North. I am happy to hear that you found your stay to be nice and the customer service superb. We take pride in the quality of breakfast that we offer and test the temperature of the food throughout breakfast service. I apologize for any disappointment that you may have had with the temperature of the food or the replenishment. I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you more about your experience while at the hotel. Please contact me directly at your convenience.

Warmest Regards,
210-404-1600

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel was well maintained, with great staff and comfortable, clean rooms. They offered a great happy hour buffet with beverages all included in the cost of the room. This location is easily accessible to the freeway. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank raganka
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The overall stay was okay. The staff was very friendly and attentive, however there is much needed improvement on keeping the common areas cleaner. The rugs needs to be vacuumed and shampooed. *******

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for any lack of cleanliness in our common areas during your stay with us. We constantly strive to keep the hotel in great condition and I assure you that what you may have seen is not typical. I will be sure to share your feedback with our housekeeping team as a training tool. I am confident that if you return, you will find the common areas to be clean and welcoming. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss any additional concerns or to make your next reservation. We value your business and would love to have you as our guest again!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Let me start by saying that for the most part the hotel was fine and lived up to its advertising. All of the food and ammenities were great!

However, upon our arrival, my family and I were delayed nearly an hour getting into our reserved room having arrived after 5:00 pm. Having driven 8 hours my wife was experiencing major back spasams and we expected to get right in to our room and relax. An hour later we were in our room and comped for one night of our stay.

The other major incident happened the night before we were to leave the hotel. Someone hit our car while it was parked in the handicap parking just feet from the front door. The individual who caused the damage was responsible and told the front desk and gake copies of all of the necessary information for us to have his insurance take care of things.

When my wife discovered her car was hit and inquired at the front desk, that claimed to know nothing about the incident and told her we would have to contact local police.

When I went down to check out what she saw the man who caused the damage met me outside and stated what happend. He also stated that he left all his insurance and contact info. with the front desk the previous night.

We both went to the front desk and was told that they didn't have his information and that they had heard a rumor somethihg had happend the night before.

The manager for the day agreen with us that there was no excuse for the staff's error and that they "dropped the ball."

As a result of not being informed via the hotel once they were initially informed by the person who hit us, we were late going to our planned events for the day and put through unnecessary stress.

Beyond these couple issues my family and I had a average to above average stay for 6 days.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent visit. I was happy to learn that, overall, you enjoyed the hotel facilities and staff. Clearly, however, I was most concerned about the incident involving your vehicle. Again, I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication at the hotel. For a hotel that prides itself on delivering outstanding personal service, this was very disappointing. Please know that we have taken the necessary steps to prevent a similar occurrence in the future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

210-404-1600

Reviewed 7 August 2014

His hotel far exceeded our expectations. The buffet selections were numerous and the 5:30 kickback a welcome extra. I hope that all locations are as wonderful as this one was because we look forward to future stays with Drury!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel twice already and enjoyed every time. My girls get excited about the pool, breakfast, and kick-back......of course the room. Its always clean and the staff is amazing. I've never had a problem anywhere else with the staff, but this staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy. The food was fantastic. After the room was cleaned it was so refreshing.....smelled good, super clean, everything was filled, and they are fast. Can't wait to go back! Thanks Drury Inn & Suites North in San Antonio TX for making our stay memorable and very pleasant. Hope to see you soon. :)