“Pasta and Spinach never tasted so good”
Review of Guillermo's

Ranked #168 of 4,846 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: GUILLERMO'S MISSION STATEMENT To efficiently serve people by creating and selling exceptional food using the finest product in a sanitary environment where value for our staff, customers, and creativity is boundless.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Wow, we really enjoyed the food and the bill was soooo cheap. My stop every time we go to San Antonio.

1  Thank LillyoftheValley2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Interesting Headline right? New Fave Pizza Place, but we didn't order the Pizza?
Let me explain....
We had on several occasions after passing Guillermo's on our way to a couple of our fave downtown bars like OCHO or the Brooklynite commented " We need to check this place out!".
The place; particularly the lively Palm Tree Laden Deck; just looked appealing.

So today; we actually made a stop for lunch; and it was quite a success.
The multi-level outdoor deck is inviting; especially on a sunny day. A big leaning Sable Palm tree acts as the center-piece, with several potted tropical plants adding to the look and feel of the place.
Would be a perfect spot for a Guitarist to sing some Jimmie Buffet songs.

How was the food? Excellent. We skipped the Pizza this time. I opted for a Stromboli; she chose one of their Italian Sandwiches. Both items were excellent; with chunky ingredients. Two Side-salads were surprising. This wasn't the typical Lettuce, Tomato and dressing offerings that tend to be typical. Quite a great lunch. We saw a couple of Pizza's carried to other tables, and based on how good our food was; decided that the Pizza must be great too.

We clearly will be back soon to give their Pies a shot.
Highly Recommended!

1  Thank txgerman1
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We arrived in San Antonio, after traveling for four plus hours. We walked to Guillermos for a late lunch early dinner. We ordered a sandwich which came with a salad. We ordered one additional salad, all were very good. The salad had such nice toppings and the sandwich was so large we split it. The place is actually an old home, it doesn't look the best, but the service and food was really good. The restaurant was recommended to us from the hotel where we were staying.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

So it's my first time to Guillermos. I order a Calzone and it is served to the people sitting next to me. Not their fault of course, so the gentleman cuts into the Calzone. The waiter realizes he made a mistake walks up the man and his wife and says "Oh this is not yours", and immediately removes the Calzone from him, fork and knife still in hand. The waiter then asks me if I still want the Calzone because the people never put it into their mouths! [W---]!!??
I wanted to save the people across from me from an obviously embarrassing situation so I quietly ordered another meal.
Any other restaurant with class would have had the manager visit my table and apologize and given me the meal for free for having to wait such long time. My wife finished her meal way before I did because I didn't want her food to get cold. I literally ate alone.
In all fairness, the food is pretty good but the restaurant is small and cramped. The floors in this "dive" are not level so if you have anything round it may very well roll off your table. How this place ever passed a fire certificate and occupancy approval is beyond me.
Comfort is not part of the ambiance.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Everything was made on-site; Many different offerings from sandwiches & pizza, to full dinners. Will go here each time I am in San Antonio.