“Fantabulastic!!”

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #6 of 79 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have been to 21 countries and many excursions in each of those countries, and this was one of the very best. I am sort of afraid of guns, but they were so focused on safety, I was not scared at all. Someone, they made things safe, but still fun. Two of us had not purchased a package, but Shotgun Franklin pulled us aside and let us shoot a few rounds. These guys are real cowboys, not actors, but they are still kind, fun, patient and attentive. Although $125 is a lot of money, please be clear that this is worth EVERY single penny. It is a once in a lifetime experience that you will never forget. Do not vacation in San Antonio without experiencing this!

1  Thank Myndseye

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Perfect place for beginning shooters to start :). Several types of guns to try; and a friendly, fun environment with great instructors. Neither my husband or I had ever touched a gun before, and we were able to make some great shots. It was a "blast!"

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a lot of fun. You can do this if you have experience with guns or not. I can't take too much kick since I have arthritis, but there was probably only one rifle or shotgun that was a little much for me. There were two young women from England in our group that never shot guns before and they enjoyed it and did really well. The guys that run this are really great and try to make it a fun experience. They dress the part of the old West and set up scenarios like that too in your shooting. The last thing you do is try to split a bullet on a hatchet and I did it with my first shot so that was fun.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Highlight of our week in San Antonio..a step back in time, a great active history lesson, and oh the fun just shooting guns. Great instruction, Amazing team who works with you and just an all round awesome adventure. This team took 5 Canadians from British Columbia and turned us into Cowgirls and Cowboys!! No rush, relaxed...just too fun. TIP: girls bring a hair pin if you are not going to wear a cowboy hat. Bringing my kids and family when we come next time.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

By the time we left here, my 62 year old husband was smiling like a little kid! The cowboys were knowledgeable and interesting. Shared a lot of local history. I don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy this.