“You'll have a BLAST!!!”

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #1 of 82 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great way to spend a few hours, shooting replicas of old weapons. First rate hands on instruction and a little history. Had a blast (pardon the pun) got to shoot four different types of weapons my favorite was the Winchester rifle. If you never have shot a gun before but wanted to, this is place for you. Even if your an experienced shooter but never shot this type before you will still have fun. Would go back again if ever in the area

2  Thank Unclebubba1982
in 40 reviews
"bullet"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 2 July 2014

FUN,FUN,FUN, The Cowboys & Girls made us feel welcome. Gave us easy to follow instuctions for safe use of the guns & rifles. The range is set up with western props with a variety of fun shooting games. Felt like the wild west. Worth every dollar, best part of our trip to San Antonio. Took about 3 hours wanted to stay all day.

1  Thank kaz119_12
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's a great experience. That was my first time to shot a gun. A lot of fun. and I also learned some basics about guns. Very western style, just like the old days in the movies. People are nice, too. My girlfriend was a little bit afraid when i planned the trip, so she didn't join the tour; however at the end, they still let my girlfriend try fire a rifle just for fun. This is something you must try! :D Since this tour has some "shooting competitions", you should definitely go with friends, it will be much more fun.

1  Thank Novking
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The cowboys and cowgirls were fun, interesting, and truly invested themselves to make sure we had a great time. My husband is a world class gun/shooting aficionado, our friend is a enthusiast, and I don't know jack! All three of us had a blast. I felt safe and they all had my back so the guns wouldn't kick me too much or I wouldn't get frustrated doing an activity that interested the others more than myself. My advice to you? Just Do It! Thank you SAWS for a fun morning!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We just came back from a weekend trip to San Antonio and this was so much fun. I was there with my wife and 2 sons. Our sons had shot guns before in scouting, but my wife and I did not have much experience with guns. The cowboys (and cowgirl) were so helpful in showing us how to handle the guns in a safe manner. The variety of guns you get to shoot with was impressive. There were several targets to hit and we were put in several fun scenerios. The surprising thing was that the guns did not have a kick back. Being that we did not have that much experience with guns, it was amazing how well they taught us to shoot. If you are coming to San Antonio, you do not want to miss this. It will be one of those great memories you share for a lifetime.

3  Thank varietyseeker