“Got me a new cowboy name - Anette Oakley!”

San Antonio Western Shooting
Ranked #5 of 74 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: By appointment only! We strongly recommend booking at least 30 days in advance! Seriously!! San Antonio Western Shooting provides a safe, supervised fun Western Shooting Experience using real guns and real bullets. We provide instruction in the safe handling shooting of all guns. No experience necessary! You will have the opportunity to shoot reproductions of guns such as the Colt 1873 Peacemaker pistol in a western setting. When you get used to those guns we will have you shoot the double barreled shotgun. Shooters will shoot about 75 rounds and it will take about 3 hours, the cost is $130 per person. All of our shooting sessions are by appointment only! Sorry, no "fast draw" or "twirling" of guns is permitted. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are permitted onsite. Guests may bring observers at no extra cost. See our website and Facebook page for more information. Unruly children will be sold to the Comanche.
Naples, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Got me a new cowboy name - Anette Oakley!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a lot of fun! Learning about the old west and the guns was interesting. Dressing up and seeing what we could do with them was even more fun! I highly recommend reservations because I can see this getting more and more popular. The guys runn ing this are personable, know their stuff and do everything they can to make you successful. If they had told us at the beginning what I would be cable of at the end, I would have thought your were joking! All I can tell you is that I did it on my first try! Go with an open mind and get ready to experience something very different!

Visited August 2014

“Excellent experience and highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We came to this event with a mix of skills as I had shot several times before and my wife was new to firearms. The SAWS staff impressed us both from the start with their professionalism, friendliness and care. Range and safety briefings, introduction to the firearms and one-on-one instruction made this a safe and enjoyable event. The instruction was tailored to the shooter's skill and learning style and there was no hint of looking down upon new shooters, indeed their excitement at introducing new shooters to the sport was palpable. The stages were exciting, with a good mixture between rifle, shotgun and revolver. Photography was encouraged and the staff took several pictures for us at the end. Logistics were handled nicely, with bathroom breaks and water available, which was vital this time of the year. We both had an absolute blast with the final challenges and will take pride in the souvenirs we can take home. We would highly recommend this event to anyone visiting the area.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was surprised with this adventure and after the adventure, I must say it was a great surprise and so appreciative of the gift. I had no idea what it was going to be like and it surpassed all of my expectations. The guys were great, knowledgeable, made it so fun, and they made me feel very comfortable with my lack of experience with guns. It was so fun, I left feeling testosterone filled, and would do it again.

1 Thank Jeanette W
Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Trip”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Despite the July heat we had so much fun at the Western shoot! Neither of us had ever shot a gun before and I was extremely nervous, but that quickly faded away. You are in good hands! The western replicas were so fun to shoot; the lever action rifles were definitely my favourite. You get to shoot in several scenarios - ie. defending your cart, shooting up a saloon, splitting a bullet on an axe. The time flew by! They take pictures of you but make sure to bring your own camera; unfortunately they lost the pictures from the day we were there :(

We were so lucky they had a last minute cancellation; book early if you want to ensure you get in! Thanks so much for an amazing experience that I will always remember!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Brenda L
Bethpage, New York
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went to Texas for vacation last week and this place was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. If you're in the area, this is a must. The employees here are extremely friendly and helpful, and they really help you to learn how to shoot. Both my fiancé and I shot, and we had an awesome time. I would recommend this to anyone who ever has a chance to go!

Visited July 2014