“Scary for the six-under crowd, eye-rolling for preteens, and laughable for teen boys”

Ripley's Haunted Adventure
Ranked #15 of 72 Fun & Games in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure is a multi-million dollar haunted house featuring live actors, animatronics and bone chilling special effects. Ride an old coffin cage to the top floor and then find your own way out!
Houston, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Age is key here: this can be scary fun. Know your child, it may be too much for them. Don't waste money on actual teenagers. I ducked in here dragging mine to escape the heat, period...and give them something to enjoy while I regained the spring in my step.

Visited July 2013

texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“FUN”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Haunted Adventure was fun for all of us ranging in ages 14-52. It was worth the money and not too scarey for the little ones.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank dissappointedtexan
Alexander A, Manager at Ripley's Haunted Adventure, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Glad you had a great time! Thank you for visiting San Antonio and hope to see you again soon.

Alex Amaro
Marketing & Operations
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Scary fun”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Was skeptical at first but I would recommend anyone go through it. Very scary. Loved every second of it!! I think that if you go to these ripleys things get the packaged deal. It's cheaper and you get to do multiple things!

3 Thank RoyalBarrick
Sublette, Kansas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Scary enough”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Ripley's seems to have several attractions all together across from the Alamo. At least they sell the tickets together anyway. We bought a three way pass that gave access to the Tomb Rider, Guinness World Records and the haunted house. The Haunted House was definitely worthwhile, the others.....not so much. Live actors did a good job and all the props were well done. I took my 7 year old son through and it was alright for him. Don't want to spoil it so I'll just say go.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jasruth
Grand Junction, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Yikes!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Took my 12 year old son.. PERFECT age for this. Wasn't sure what to expect which made it even scarier I think. Very dark, lots of surprises, real people scaring the living day lights out of you around every corner. They don't come in contact with you but omg, it was scary enough. I have no doubt they all got a good laugh watching the 12year old and his mom scream.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank bmxm0m
Alexander A, Manager at Ripley's Haunted Adventure, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback! We love to hear stories of our spooks doing an excellent job. Our show receives annual updates and renovations so we hope to scare you again sometime in the future! Thanks for visiting our great city!

Alexander Amaro