“Great food / Bad seevuce”
Review of Deco Pizzeria

Deco Pizzeria
Ranked #863 of 5,107 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Local, homegrown restaurant that provides delicious food with a sense of culture, experience and community. A cool, casual dining experience with freshly made pizza, award-winning wings, crisp delicious salads and sandwiches. A neighborhood locale offering delicious food, live music, cold beer and cocktails! 2 locations in San Antonio with a 3rd in development. Meet us at Deco!
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and i visited here on a Sunday night with our 2 year old. We arrived and were not greeted. Had no clue whether to seat ourselves or wait for a host. A group of employees sitting at a table for what appeared to be a meeting did not even speak to us. Finally a hostess came out and seated us. We ordered 2 pizzas and a watermelon salad. The waitress was very friendly. The watermelon salad was fantastic! Seriously, get it! The pizzas were also very good. However, once our food was brought to us, we did not see the waitress again. We were one of only 3 parties in the restaurant. We ended up having to go ask for our ticket after waiting for more than 15 minutes after we were finished eating. In summary, good food, but bad service.

Jacob V, Owner at Deco Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback. We are we fell short of delivering an exception experience while dining with us. I use reviews as coaching opportunities. Can you share with me the date of your visit?

I would like to offer you a free appetizer during your next visit. I can assure your experience is not the norm for us.

Your feedback is important!

Jacob

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I saw an advertisement for the pizzeria celebrating their 6th anniversary. They were having specials so we thought that we would give the place a try. The building is unique on the outside so I was intrigued. The inside could use some updating along with the restroom but it seems to be more of a bar/nightlife place so it is understandable. The service was excellent! Our waiter did an outstanding job, very professional. I chose a salad as a meal and my dining companion ordered a meat pizza. My salad came out 15 minutes before his pizza so it just sat there because I didn't want to be rude by eating before his food came. Wish that they would have held off and delivered them together. The pizza was worth the wait, though! Very good! Good quality meat, cheese and ohhh that butter sauce on the crust! Good price & size too!

Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Okay you hear Pizza in the name, but it's not all about the pizza!! I went on the first week of lent and they had an awesome Calimari and they have the best Lemon peper wings to challenge WingStop!! I highly recommend!! Oh and their cover band is amazing!! Will definately be going back!!

Management response:Responded 18 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

I recently ordered a few items from here via the Bike Waiter. I was looking for delivery to my hotel and this was one of many options. The food came fairly quickly and I was updated as to the status throughout the ordering process (thanks to Bike Waiter for that!!). The food arrived looking good and it was definitely hot. The pizza had good flavor (I ordered the Deco Meat) and the meat had good spice and texture. I really liked the wings as they were big and crispy with a lot of meat. The sauce was served on the side which was a nice touch and allowed you to add more or less sauce. The final item I had was the pizza rolls. These were pretty good but a bit too doughy for my liking. They were also pretty greasy but overall they had great flavor. I would definitely recommend this place if you are stuck in a hotel and looking to order in. I stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk and they had no problems with delivering there via the Bike Waiter.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

My family and I went for dinner there and the restaurant has a nice ambiance, excellent food and service. We had the pizza rolls (some pepperoni and some spinach), pizza and wings and OMG!!! It all tasted like it was homemade all the food tasted fresh and delicious, and they even make their own ranch. How awesome is that! The staff is attentive and friendly. We can't get enough, we keep going back for more