“delicious food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“delicious food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

with a truly french flair- family business. We enjoyed every single platter!!! Great service as well.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank needstogo

Castroville
“Will Return! A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First visit to Saveurs 209 but not the last! It's a little of the beaten path but should not be missed. Very intimate ambiance, spotless, great service and excellent food. My husband and I usually prefer dry, red wines but decided to try the suggested wine pairings with our meal. We are glad we decided to trust their recommendations. We had the foie gras and soufflé to start which were both excellent. We also each had the prawns in risotto which was outstanding. Last we finished the meal with the espresso soufflé which was also excellent - light and airy!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank CastrovilleTX
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A French French restaurant”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The place is not very impressive but some of the meals are amazing. It is an authentic French place where the chef has his own twist. Do not expect big portions and the service is a little bit slow by US standard but it is really good. It is a work in progress and the menu needs some work as to add a few more options and also to remove or improve a few items. Do not miss the chocolate fondant if like me you are a chocoholic. I found it a little bit pricey as I think they have some things to improve and they will. I will not come here each time I go to San Anton but I will definitively come back as to check on the progress.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Claude D
Naples, Florida
“Quite possibly THE best meal I have ever had!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband made a reservation here for our anniversary. We are not culinary aficionados by any means but we certainly have watched our fair share of cooking shows and we know what we like. Both of us agreed that this was probably the best meal that either one of us has ever had. The cheese souffle was so light and airy! The filet mignon was absolutely "melt in your mouth" (no knife needed) and the shrimp and risotto - Just yummmm! Then to top it off with a nougat dessert and a "to die for" macaron! The decor was modern European and the owners were attentive but not overbearing which made it that much better. The owner told us that they would be opening a bakery next door soon...too bad we don't live in San Antonio or I would have been a regular. Thank you for an amazing anniversary dinner!

• Visited August 2014
“Wow! Great Bistro”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We went to the movies to see The 100 Foot Journey today while on vacation. Being a retired chef , I really had a taste for some French food. Looked up French places in the downtown area of San Antonio & chose Saveurs 209. Sooo glad we did - what a gem! Really great atmosphere - food changes weekly. Our meal was incredible- from the wine to the appetizer of Comte cheese soufflé to our great dinners! I had lamb shank & roasted onion "cannelloni"- wrapped in grilled eggplant (instead of pasta) with grilled apricots & lamb jus. My husband had Roasted Halibut with Tomato purée, white asparagus. & tomato oil! Make sure you check it out ! Fabulous