Book now, pay at stay
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$177
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$163
US$152
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$272
US$197
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$285
US$186
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$139
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$157
US$113
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$242
US$150
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$331
US$291
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$358/night.

US$127
US$107
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This was our first stay at the Kelly Inn. It appears that they're putting minimum level of effort into it. The bathrooms are pretty small with really old fixtures. For example, our toilet flushing button was held on with duct tape! Also, we had to end up moving rooms because of a cable box going bad. When we asked whether they could replace it, they said we had to move rooms. Furthermore, the bed's cover was disgustingly dirty, which they eventually replaced. Finally, the rooms had no wi-fi and they only way we could connect to Internet was via a hard cable--of course, they were out!!

Overall, I would recommend you NOT stay there. The room is bare minimum and the staff doesn't seem motivated to make it better. The military should consider closing these rooms.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

The building itself is very old and confusing.. finding my room was pretty difficult. I had to share a bathroom with the person next to me. There is no wifi, no elevator, and no air conditioning this time of year. Also, it's located in the middle of no where. On the positive it has a nice patio area, it's quiet, and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Also, the room came with an additional fan and there is a small convenience store attached to the lobby with reasonable prices.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

The old Kelly Inn on Kelly Field is not like any other AirForce inn I've stayed at. It has no wifi and is run down. Its difficult to navigate the floors and no elevator exists. If you just need a bed and shower it might be great for you, all other amenities are similar to what you might expect 1980. Best part is that you need not pass a security gate when coming and going.

There is a small store in the main lobby for basic necessities and wifi access in the lobby area only.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 23 July 2016

I've spent the last 90 days at the Kelly Inn while on orders to Lackland AFB. The rooms are incredibly cheap - $44 a night. There's a bed and a desk and there is basic cable and they clean your room almost every day. That said, you share a bathroom with a neighbor (toilet and shower), the internet is slow to the point of being malicious, and there is literally nothing worthwhile within a couple miles of the Inn. The base is close by and it is convenient for military travelers like me, but I wouldn't recommend the Kelly for a family or civilian tourists.

All things considered, I'd just as soon stay here and get the extra per diem rather than stay on base and deal with all that mess.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I stayed at the Kelly Inn for 3 weeks when lodging at Lackland was full, and I wish I’d paid out of pocket to stay elsewhere. The Kelly Inn is just completely lacking and utterly outdated on every possible level.

First off, like many reviews already covered, the staff was polite and cordial. They were helpful when possible, but politeness doesn’t do much when dealing with a completely neglected and outdated facility.

When one walks into the lobby, you will see shelves and shelves of VHS tapes. This is all the entertainment the facility has to offer. No… really. I asked the woman at the front desk about the VHS collection, and she appeared embarrassed as she told me that each room came with a combination VCR and DVD Player.

The rooms are plain and without any wifi. The internet is through an Ethernet cable, but it’s slower than dial-up. The internet in the rooms is so slow that one cannot stream videos. Plus, if a person only brings a tablet, an Ethernet cable is useless. The wifi in the lobby is even slower. I wasn’t even able to reliably stream music. So, if you’re staying here for an extended period, you’ll need to have a great data plan for your cell phone.

The furnishings in the rooms are outdated. The appearance of certain items made me believe this furniture was previously used somewhere else and donated to this facility afterward. On the bright side, the TVs appeared to be recently updated and the cable (or satellite) TV was pretty good.

The laundry rooms are completely inadequate. There are 3 washers on the third floor but only 1 dryer. The second floor had 1 washer but three dryers. When I asked about this, I was told I could carry my clothes to another wing of the facility and try to do laundry there. Nice.

There is a 24-hours “store” in the lobby that overcharges for things like soda, beer and pop-tarts. There are no restaurants within walking distance, so unless you want snack food, you’re going to be out of luck.

The “fitness room” consists of two stationary bikes, one working treadmill, one broken treadmill, and two elliptical machines. Every piece looks like it was second-hand. The TV in the fitness room doesn’t work at all.

If Lackland Lodging tries to put you up at the Kelly Inn, BEG FOR A NON-AVAILABILITY SLIP. The Kelly Inn is completely lacking on every level unless you are just staying overnight.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business