“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Biga on the Banks

Biga on the Banks
Reserve with OpenTable
Biga on the Banks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,769 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

To celebrate our anniversary, I reserved a Saturday night evening dinner. The food was wonderful and a particular joy was being able to order a half entree available on Fridays and Saturdays.

2  Thank Ford1948
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

You've gotta go here! My fiance took me to this beautiful restaurant during a surprise weekend to San Antonio, and I will never forget it! The staff gave my fiance a private little area for us to eat our dinner at, which was so romantic. The food was just incredible! Hands down the best restaurant in all of SA!

1  Thank Chinaz G
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We were visiting SA and wanted a special restaurant for a birthday. Found Biga on Yelp and dined there.

Nice menu and while not cheap this is value for money; when you take in all the factors.

We have to agree with a previous reviewers comment on the food specifically. It's presentation is awesome but the flavor and tastes need more emphasis. It just needs that little something to make the evening unforgettable.

I would recommend customers to dine there but I don't know that I would specifically go back again.

1  Thank 6009interactive
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I never missed Biga's because I adored the atmosphere! I can still see what I could not see! What a perfect setting for a great escape with a robust menu. The mood is ripe for devout vegetarians!

1  Thank AmericanESL
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We dined here a year ago and had wanted to return. Though we had a later reservation, we showed up early (as in, not quite 5:30), as we had hardly eaten all day and were really hungry. We sat outside and probably due to both the early hour and the heat, were by ourselves--at least, I don't remember anyone else! I had a gimlet to start and my husband a whiskey sour, both quite tart and no mixes in sight. Very refreshing. We couldn't resist sharing the potstickers as an appetizer--four large ones, so more than enough for the two of us. They were quite spicy, and very good, though I'm no potsticker authority. He had the filet, served with an amazing corn pudding (which reminds me, their cornbread is the best anywhere). I had the rack of lamb with cheese grits and asparagus ... sooo good, and I took half of it with me because I really wanted to try the sticky toffee pudding. And I'm glad we did, because it was really wonderful. We had glasses of a Malbec with the main course, very nice. Service was pleasant and attentive without being overbearing. You will definitely spend money on a meal here, but to me, it's worth it.

2  Thank Leslie K