“Over the Top”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
Description: We have been listed as one of America’s top fine dining restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks for many years. We pride ourselves on bringing pure delight to all your senses with a creative, world-class fine dining menu in Alamo Heights. We pay meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant environment. If you have a special occasion coming up and you want to create a romantic and memorable evening consider our private dining rooms. We offer something for everyone from small plates to soup & salads to entrees and oysters. We guarantee you will have a one of a kind experience that will keep you coming back for more. We are conveniently located in the heart of Alamo Heights and are open for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday but closed for lunch on Saturdays. No matter the occasion, let us handle the food. Whether you want to celebrate or just don’t feel like cooking, our menu is extensive without prices that will break the bank. If you are craving cuisine unlike anything you’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting then Silo Alamo Heights is the restaurant for you. Enjoy all Alamo Heights has to offer. Located just 4.5 miles to the north of downtown San Antonio, the seventh largest metropolitan area in the United States.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I found Silo recommended by several websites. It was better than the recommendations. The dining room is sleek but comfortable.
The menu is not extensive, but everyone can find something they like. Earl, our waiter, is a pro, and looked after our party beautifully. We drank a very nice Oregon pinot noir with the meals. There are two Silo restaurants. This one is the elevated location. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Selected menu, great food and wine list. Beautiful, modern setting and quality reliable. Fried oysters a favorite!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great business dinner at Silo. They provided a private room for us. The service was excellent. The waiter was very attentive.
The food was superb. The chicken fried oysters were excellent. My lamb was very good and my wife's pork shank was amazing.
We also had dessert. My cheese cake was light and creamy. The wicked monkey coffee was delicious.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I like Silo. Went there last night with wife, Greated by name. Table next to a loud party. Bread came and it was all a cheese bread (I don't eat dairy) and it is usually mixed with other breads. Asked for other breads and told they were in oven. Then later told that wheat bread was gone. The salad that I ordered came out without the type of lettus it was to have (it was tasty though). Ordered Tuna medium (yes I know you are suppose to eat it rare but I don't like it that way). Well it came out very rare. I sent it back and it came out very well done. O'well. The manager came by and said sorry and picked up the check - the sign of a very good restraurant that knows that sometimes they don't get things right. By the way my wife's quail was great. We will be back and recommend that you go too (usually great food),

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The early bird or prix fixe dinner which must be ordered before 6:30 p.m. Is not only some of the best food in town but it is the best buy around. The coconut cream pie is better than high school love but the souffles are excellent also. It can be booked on OpenTable.