“Great atmosphere, not so much service”

Zinc Bistro and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Bistro and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Commerce
Description: Our chefs have painstakingly created a menu of wine-friendly fare consisting of old world hors d'oeuvres and regionally inspired tapas. From baked Texas goat cheese with kalamata olives to fresh chocolate covered strawberries, the menu caters to the diversity of the food enthusiasts. Charles Court, at the rear of Zinc, is a truly serene gathering place for a rare outdoor experience. The private, spacious courtyard makes for a quiet sanctuary from the clatter of downtown city streets and the Riverwalk.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Interesting little place. Closest parking is across the street in the garage ($12 for the length of dinner). The atmosphere in the restaurant is great - bar and dining room both, although with the wood floors it can be a little noisy once the room is full.
Prices are reasonable (we were there during happy hour, and 3 courses for dinner - $25. The table side guacamole was fine - not fabulous, but not awful either. Zinc burger was very good, and without the bun was a good GF choice.
Service was S-L-O-W. We waited so long for our waiter that we were contemplating going to look for him, only to have someone else show up to take the order, Then e actually asked for our check when we ordered dessert, since we didn't want to wait another 20 minutes to pay.
We opted to sit inside, but in retrospect, the view outside looked far better. If I were to ever return, I'd sit out in the back.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This place has a terrific wine by the glass list, including the delicious Prisoner from Orin Swift. Pair with the incredible lamb sandwich and you cannot go wrong.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I happened to find this place when I did some research for my visit to San Antonio. I love wine and I love fine dining, but i don't like a pretentious atmosphere. At Zinc the dishes are elegant, refreshing, sophisticated and perfectly sized. They seem to be famous for their Zinc Burger, which is without a doubt delicious! (Yes, I tried that one my second night) But try the Steak with cognac sauce if you're looking for a refined taste. The crab cakes are really fresh and delicious by the way! And the guacamole made table-side is a nice touch.

And if you like wine, this is the place for you. Zinc has got many different wines which you can order by the glass. And of course a long list of wines by the bottle, divided by region and country.

Melanie was our waitress both nights and she deserves to be mentioned. She's a great waitress, made us feel so welcome, had great advice, and was always there when we needed her, but never pressing to take our order, kept our glasses full, but was never in a hurry to empty the bottle. These are the kind of things that make you want to come back to a place or not, even if the food is great. And so that's what we did the second night, when I had my reunion dinner with my sister, our parents and her boyfriend :) And of course Melanie was our waitress again!

When I visit San Antonio again, I will surely book a table at Zinc immediately!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had dinner at Zinc while traveling to San Antonio for a conference. Nice place, good service and reasonable price. Had the Caesar salad, lamb sandwich and a glass of red for $32 including tip. Close to the Westin where I stayed. I think it's worth going to and would go back.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

It's enough off of the Riverwalk, that it's not completely inundated by tourists...and the food is really elevated "bar" food, if you can even call it that! We love to stop by here before a concert at the Majestic or Lila Cockrell - find that the food is VERY reasonably price for downtown, and it's really delicious! Even my kids find things they like! If you can't make it into Boudro's -- walk across the street and check out Zinc, where the locals go!