“Not the kind of gumbo I'm used to”
Review of Clear Springs Cafe - CLOSED

Clear Springs Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Far North Central
San Antonio, Texas
“Not the kind of gumbo I'm used to”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I thought I was going to have find s waiter since we sat awhile before he showed up. I've eaten gumbo all over the place just might be at the bottom. As usual the onion rings were very good. I won't come back here but I will always go to the one in New Braunfels

• Visited February 2014

“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Had dinner 12/20 ordered grilled cat fish had no taste covered with Pico de gallo who puts that onfish as a ggarnish maybe but not all over. Our other plate, talapia was so so. Also ordered peach cobbler only to find pecan and cake. The only thing that hasn't changed were onion rings very good.

• Visited December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“ROACH IN FOOD!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Today we ate here and my wife found a roach in her drink. It was filled twice and was unoticed. When the mananger was told about it he didn't even seem remorseful about it. The manager didn't even care and just offered to refill the drink. As far as we know, this is a roach infested establishment. Do not eat here.

• Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

One of our favorite places to eat seafood. Prices are very reasonable and a wide variety including items for those that don't like seafood. Seafood is fried, grilled or blackened.

Visited November 2013
Converse, Texas
“Clearly the best. Clearly something different.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Service. Food. Atmosphere. Good for groups. Their fried catfish is delicious. Clear Springs Cafe offers your typical "Country-American" fare with burgers, sea food, steaks, and so forth. Their appetizers are really pleasing. Their sweet tea is the best. Great atmosphere especially at night. Lots of windows nestled in the woods make it that much more charming. This place will accommodate any size group. We had a group of 25 and everyone was served on-time and with no problems. They really have their act together. The bar is stocked well. Beer is both import/domestic. Its worth the visit. Never a bad moment. Good service.

• Visited December 2012