“Good first family vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area

Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area
Ranked #140 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Humble, Texas
“Good first family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We got to this hotel just after 4pm. Our friend actually made the reservations thinking she was going to stay in a separate rm and the family in our own. Unfortunately she wasn't able to stay the 2 nights with us, but that's another story. The room was great & they were able to bring a roll-away bed for my son since my wife & I had 3 kids with us. Beds were good & the bathroom was average. Breakfast was good, especially the texas shaped waffles. I may consider staying here again since it is fairly close to the amtrak station. Overall, a good stay durring spring break for our first family vacation

Room Tip: Convenient location, about 2mi from the San Antonio amtrak station
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
We appreciate your comments and our glad your overall stay was good. We do read comments and strive to get better in any areas we can. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Meung Sur Loire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I spend 1 night at the Super 8 San Antonio/ Riverwalk area. I chose this place for its location east of the city in the vicinity of I-10. This is a fairly decent place with helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast is OK. The downside of this location is there is not much choice of restaurant in the vicinity. Your best bet is to drive downtown. By the way, the noise of the interstate might possibly trouble your sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to send us feedback. Feedback is the way we can improve as a hotel. We really would have hoped you'd had a better stay, but we will take all your information and try our best to improve. We hope to see you again in the future.
Irving, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've stayed in better; I've stayed in worse. This one was mediocre; nothing I wouldn't expect from a budget hotel. There was roughly a 1/8 inch gap between the lower half of side of the door and the door frame. Aside for easy access for bugs (which I didn't see any in my room or outside), it didn't cause me concern. Sheets were questionable. What appeared to be eyeliner/mascara smudges were on 2 of the 3 pillowcases; however, I couldn't determine if they were stains or not washed. Luckily the 3rd looked clean, so I simply used only that one. There was some mildew around the shower knob and the shower curtain could have used a good washing. Overall though, the room was clean enough. If you're expecting immaculate, this is not the hotel for you. The comforter was more current than I've seen in some places, and the room had a flat screen tv. Breakfast selection was varied and good ... oatmeal, cold cereal, waffles, yogurt, pastries, toast, fresh fruit, etc. It was very close to the Freeman Coliseum/AT&T Center, which was my destination, and it was also easy on/off the Highway. Room was remarkably quiet for being so close to the highway, which was a pleasant surprise. If you don't plan on spending much time in your room/just need a place to sleep, this hotel is fine.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo