“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rio Rio

Rio Rio
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Rio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #699 of 4,606 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: This is where the San Antonio River Walk turns up the heat on Mexican food. Whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner or late-night tacos, Rio Rio Cantina will indulge your cravings with a fiesta of flavors. Our fresh Tex-Mex recipes with ingredients from farm-to-table and our homemade flour tortillas bring the taste of Mexico across the border to you. Happy Hour daily 3 - 6 p.M. And 9 p.M. - 11 P.M.
Beaumont, TX
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Ordered enchiladas, middle was not warm. Tortilla Chips were stale and limited to two baskets per table. Service was ok. Will not return.

1 Thank txcyn

PA
“Do not eat here- food poisoning!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were here for a business outing (here to spend a good amount of money on mostly drinks). The service was poor- we had to flag down the waitress for everything: silverware, refills, food, etc. All I had to eat was chips and guac. Tasted ok, nothing spectacular. When I got back to the hotel, I could not stop throwing up. I was up all night until 7am vomiting and going to the bathroom. It was obviously awful. I love guac, and this experience has ruined it for me for awhile...

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank elle183
Elle,
We apologize for your less than extraordinary experience. We train our servers to provide excellent customer service and that does not appear to be the case here. It is completely unacceptable to hear that you experience stomach issues after dining with us. We would like to rectify this situation with you. Please take the time to reach out to John at cantinariorio@gmail.com.
Canyon, Texas, United States
“Fast, Good Service and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

With the river walk so crowded with tourists, this is a great place to go with a short wait time. The food w as good and it has indoor and outdoor seating.

• Visited April 2014
Julia,
Thanks for the positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit as our guest. Please stop by again in the near future. Have a great day!
Owasso, Oklahoma
“I can't believe they're still open”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family and I ate here a number of years ago and it was quite good. Not anymore! My wife and I ate there yesterday--our first day of a 5 day trip to San Antonio. Fifteen bucks and all I got was 2 small enchiladas and a mediocre (at best) taco. Honestly, Taco Bell is better. We ate today at another Tex-Mex place just down the way from RioRio which I'll review later. Much better at less money. Do yourself a favor and pass this place up. It's glory days are waaaay behind it.

• Visited May 2014
Sarah C, Manager at Rio Rio, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It is very disheartening to hear that we did not deliver the same outstanding service and satisfaction to your family like we have in the past. We extend our sincerest apology to your family and we hope that you will return again in the future to try out some of our other menu items. We would like to rectify this situation with you and obtain more information from you regarding your visit to improve our services. To further discuss this review, please take the time to reach out to John at cantinariorio@gmail.com.
Saraland, Alabama
“Good Food on the River Walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

If you find yourself on the river walk hungry, don't be afraid to try Rio Rio. The margaritas were good and the chips and salsa were good. Lunch selections my wife and I made were tasty and well prepared with nice portions. Our experience was good and uneventful. Sometimes that is a good thing.

Visited May 2014
Donald,
Thanks for the positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our margaritas and other menu items. Please stop by again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Been to Rio Rio? Share your experiences!