“delish”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have visited this place twice. The first time we did not get to eat there because of the long wait. The second time we decided to bite the bullet and wait 1 hr and half to sit. We gave them our number and were texted when it was time to be seated.

I ordered the crab cakes. Oh, my goodness! that was the yummiest way I have ever eaten crab. I cannot remember what everyone else had, but we all thoroughly enjoyed what we ordered. The coffee was so good too. The waitress was annoying; she was doing too much for a tip. Every five minutes calling me "queen" and my hubby "king" and the kiddos were prince and princess. At first, cute but quickly ANNOYING!!!

I think with all the money they are making, they should expand the dining area so more can be served. Its decor is sort of grandma-ish too, so don't be disappointed when it feels like your grammy's house.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My wife enjoyed a large stack of fresh blueberry pancakes, a kingsize portion of golden hashbrowns and a generous serving of apple-maple beacon. The pancakes just melted in your mouth. I had to apply a light film of whipped butter on them, no need for syrup! Although she went ahead and poured a wee bit of warm maple syrup. I ate a fluffy jambalaya omlet, filled with rice, creole sausage and then smothered with a mild spicy sauce and melted goodness! Along with awesome service we will return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is one of our very favorite places for breakfast in San Antonio. Everything we have tried has been good. I usually the the "Eggs&" which is 2 eggs anyway you want, a breakfast meat, and pancakes. My favorite meat there is the Applewood Smoked Bacon. The coffee is good and juice is fresh-squeezed. Service is quick and attentive. And it is reasonably priced.

1  Thank travelinjep
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have been to Magnolia several times, at different times throughout the morning/lunch, and I have never had to wait less than 45 minutes for a table. There is a decent amount of waiting space provided, but it is almost all outdoors, which can definitely be a problem in the Texas heat. All of that being said, the food here is really wonderful. The crab cake eggs benedict is one of my favorite dishes anywhere, as are most of the benedict variations that they serve here. The hash browns are wonderful, and the pfannekuchen is a specialty which can definitely be shared (more like a dessert) among a larger group. If you have the time to wait, you should try it; there is a reason it was recently ranked one of the top ten brunches in the U.S.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The wait time was about one hour. The waitress was very nice. The food was ALL cold, which I should have figured, since once I returned my dish, they "prepared another" in about 3 minutes. Not enough time to cook up something fresh. It appeared that the food is pre-preparded and then just slapped on a warm plate. I-Hop does better than that. The syrup was runny and tasted like water had been added to it. Someone (he did not say who he was) said that is the way their syrup it. Guess no one at the restaurant has had real maple syrup.
Needless to say, the prices should have been at a McDonalds level. But I don't think this would have made the food taste any better.

1  Thank Celia C