“Worth Checking Out”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I saw this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and had to come here. We went out of our way to go here when we were in San Antonio. When I pulled into the parking lot it was packed and I expected a very long wait. We were lucky and only waited about 5 minutes. The food and service were very good but the bill was a little bit pricy. The waiter was very helpful and talked me out of getting a full order of pancakes and suggested with the amount of food I was already getting I could order a smaller order of pancakes. Good thing he said that because I barley ate all my food. Overall we were very satisfied and will come back again one day.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Might be a wonderful place, but tried it twice (9 a.m. on a Wednesday, 11 a.m. on a Friday) and wait time was over 45 min each time. We found other options.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Brought my family who was in town visiting to try their famous pancakes. They thought the food was excellent. They were good but tasted like normal pancakes to me. As someone who lives in SA, I would not go out of my way to eat here. Atmosphere is okay, super busy and loud. Go during the week instead of weekend.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have visited this place twice. The first time we did not get to eat there because of the long wait. The second time we decided to bite the bullet and wait 1 hr and half to sit. We gave them our number and were texted when it was time to be seated.

I ordered the crab cakes. Oh, my goodness! that was the yummiest way I have ever eaten crab. I cannot remember what everyone else had, but we all thoroughly enjoyed what we ordered. The coffee was so good too. The waitress was annoying; she was doing too much for a tip. Every five minutes calling me "queen" and my hubby "king" and the kiddos were prince and princess. At first, cute but quickly ANNOYING!!!

I think with all the money they are making, they should expand the dining area so more can be served. Its decor is sort of grandma-ish too, so don't be disappointed when it feels like your grammy's house.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My wife enjoyed a large stack of fresh blueberry pancakes, a kingsize portion of golden hashbrowns and a generous serving of apple-maple beacon. The pancakes just melted in your mouth. I had to apply a light film of whipped butter on them, no need for syrup! Although she went ahead and poured a wee bit of warm maple syrup. I ate a fluffy jambalaya omlet, filled with rice, creole sausage and then smothered with a mild spicy sauce and melted goodness! Along with awesome service we will return.