“Ehhhh, went once......probably won't return!”

Magnolia Pancake Haus
Ranked #11 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just OK! The breakfast was OK but not great. I loved my pancakes and sausage, and my husbands eggs were cooked well. But, the biscuits and gravy had a weird flavor that made them inedible, and my fried eggs were just off in both texture and flavor. We couldn't really put our finger on it, just not right!

Overall, we are easy to please, so this was a big let down. Especially since we had driven all the way out from our downtown hotel. Oh well, just chalk it up to a miss for the food.

The service was good and the place was clean. Priced well also. But we probably wont return on our next visit to San Antonio, too many other places to choose from!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Homestyle breakfast and yummy lunch. I was afraid the wait would be long as the parking lot was packed, But they are extremely efficient! We love this place when we want to feel 'at home' .
You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I saw this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and had to come here. We went out of our way to go here when we were in San Antonio. When I pulled into the parking lot it was packed and I expected a very long wait. We were lucky and only waited about 5 minutes. The food and service were very good but the bill was a little bit pricy. The waiter was very helpful and talked me out of getting a full order of pancakes and suggested with the amount of food I was already getting I could order a smaller order of pancakes. Good thing he said that because I barley ate all my food. Overall we were very satisfied and will come back again one day.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Might be a wonderful place, but tried it twice (9 a.m. on a Wednesday, 11 a.m. on a Friday) and wait time was over 45 min each time. We found other options.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Brought my family who was in town visiting to try their famous pancakes. They thought the food was excellent. They were good but tasted like normal pancakes to me. As someone who lives in SA, I would not go out of my way to eat here. Atmosphere is okay, super busy and loud. Go during the week instead of weekend.