“Average, N 20 Mins Far From Downtown.”

Stay Express Inn Near Ft. Sam Houston
Ranked #316 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Average, N 20 Mins Far From Downtown.”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

So I started off with my thursday here at this hotel. It looked really run down, and old bathrooms are a lil small, and we had our bedroom with two beds , so on out sheets were stained and some had burns,N the floor is old and sqeeky and dirty needs replacement , no bugs thank god. Lol, well over all I was here for about aweek in this hotel room service was nice she cleaned out room basicly took care of what we needed, and over all you get what you pay for it was worth it but the distsnce from downtown was far for us. We still made our weekend worth the wild life.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2012

When I first checked in I smelled a heavy stench of old smoke, the Carpets and all the furniture were stain ridden. I didn't dare to take off my shoes. As I retired for the NIght I kept waking up with sting like itches all over my body. I turned on the lights numerous times during the Night, but could not find anything. As I woke up the next morning, I rolled over and I saw a bed bug crawling on my Pillow. I immediately jumped up (already covered in at least 50 bites) and ran downstairs to inform the Hotel Manager. I explained to him what was going on, but since this Indian speaking man apparewntly really didn't understand what I was saying I got no reply from him not even a "sorry" he just gave me a key to another Room. I moved into the new Room just to find dead cockroaches on the carpet and the sheets were filthy. As the day passed I was very cautios and kept checking the bed. I couldn't find anything, but as soon as Night fell here we go!! And this time it must have been 12-15 bed bugs!!!! I could not stay in that room and slept in my Car that Night!!!!! Needles to say, avoid this nasty, filthy bed bug and cockroach ridden hotel at all cost!!!!! And oh yes, I don't know what they consider "Continental Breakfast" a honeybun and a coffee?????

Room Tip: do not ever stay at this nasty hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank lilmam32
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I've stayed in many hotels and motels over the years, and this is in the bottom two. I stayed here for four nights while visiting my husband who is stationed at Fort Sam.

Pros: the woman who checked me in was initially very friendly, and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, that's about it. The room was noisy (it's off of a main road), it's not in a very good part of town, the fridge REEKED of something and desperately needed to be cleaned, the sheets were not washed and had stains on them, the maids ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign I put on the door handle, and the bathroom was horrible. It was small, dirty, and the water went through the fabric shower curtain...so much so that it leaked into the room below us, and the woman from the front desk came up and complained to us. WHAT?!?!? Are you kidding me? She tried to barge in to clean it up (there was water on the floor, but that's because the water goes through the shower curtain! She accused me of not knowing how to close a shower curtain...and suggested that I didn't have it inside of the tub.), but my husband was in the shower. It was incredibly awkward. Lastly, unless all you eat/drink for breakfast is coffee, there's nothing for you at the continental breakfast. At all. Seriously, splurge a little bit more and stayed near the Riverwalk area. It's worth EVERY penny. Do some price comparison, and you'll find that for around one hundred more you can stay at a much nicer hotel. Stay away from this place!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank makehistory
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Where should I start?! When I walked into my NON SMOKING room the first thing I noticed was the heavy stench of old tobacco. The first thing I saw; multiple cigarette burns on the floral comforter. Not only did the comforter have obvious cigarette burns, the sheets had NOT been changed! The pillow coverings still had old mascara marks, tears, and pink lipstick marks on the sheets and pillows. The bathroom looked like a scene from a horror flick. The fixtures did not work properly. The door frame in the bathroom was splintered and the tile chipped. Luckily the towels were clean. There was an amazing selection of TV channels, too bad most did not work. The carpet was so dirty the bottoms of my feet turned dark brown. The hotel advertises "Free Internet"..HA! There wasn't a real internet connection until I went to the hotel next door. The complimentary continental breakfast was stale and made me sick the first morning. Trying to get some type of hospitality from the managers is like pulling teeth. It took 4 hours to have my sheets changed and bathtub cleaned. Rodeway Inn is an over priced dump not worth the effort! I do NOT recommend this hotel, even if you're desperate.

• Liked — Easy Check In
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank simplystephanie23