“Awful pizza”

Ranked #919 of 4,736 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Northeast San Antonio
Description: We are a local pizzeria offering fresh, made to order pizzas & Italian food. Our spacious venue houses community style seating, tables, booths & a beautiful patio. We also are home to 150 bottled craft beer & 30 brews on tap.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The pizza I got here was overpriced, it didn't taste good, the crust was hard, and the cheese didn't even come close to covering it all and there was a large red ring of sauce around it. This was one of the worst pizzas I have ever had. I would not go back even if it were free. And it is actually pretty expensive.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

My friends and I love going to Pizza Italia every week or so. Two of us split the salad, cheese bread and Spaghetti Italia and we always leave full and satisfied! Great food at a decent price. Or go on Mondays when they have specials on their pepperoni pizza. They have a huge and fun selection of beer from all over! Nice folks, and good food. Best to arrive early for dinner, especially on Mondays as the parking lot isn't the biggest in the strip center. Give it a try!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I love this place. Their pizza is amazing, and the people are friendly. The beer selection is amazing, also.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

You've got to hand it to a little pizza restaurant that's brave enough to advertise "if
Pizza Italia isn't the best pizza you have ever eaten, I'll give you your money back, every penny" these days. (And for that alone, I was willing to let them keep my $21.)

We ordered a large pizza with Canadian bacon and extra cheese, and three sodas to eat in last weekend. The crust is good, but very bready, and either they forgot our "extra cheese" or they are very stingy with the cheese, because about half of each slice was just tomato sauce. The result was something that tasted like a more authentic version of Papa John's.

That said, however, the staff was reasonably friendly and the location offered a huge beer selection and a hopping patio with live music. I'm not wild about "order at the counter" type establishments (which this is) but the food and service were reasonably good enough that I would consider returning to try out the rest of the menu.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Terry and crew do an outstanding job with the pizza. Our favorite is the italiano, add green peppers :-)

Pizza Italia's new location isn't as "quaint" as the previous but it's a bit larger and MUCH nicer. I wish they had a better, shaded, patio area though.

The beer selection at Pizza Italia is top notch! Terry loves to talk about the new beers he has and always has something on sale.

On Thursday evenings they usually have local musicians playing. It's a great atmosphere and the kids love watching the musicians.

We love the pizza, we love the staff and we love the beer. What's not to love? :-)