“First visit to Mi Tierra”

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #26 of 4,695 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I've travelled to San Antonio many times and this was my first time trying Mi Tierra. The place is very touristy of course with quite touristy prices. I tried the menudo; wasn't something I really liked. I think next time I will go for something I'm more accustomed to. There's a lot to choose from on the menu. The bakery offers a wide range of Mexican baked goods.
Mi Tierra is very colourfully decorated and busy. The good thing is it's 24/7.
Thanks to the lovely anonymous person who paid for me meal. That was really sweet of you. :-)

There are newer reviews for Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Mmmmmmi Tierra! What's not to love about this San Antonio landmark. The ambiance, decorations, bakery, music, costumes, location, and crowds are what make this such a great place. Not to mention the food! This IS my old standby and they never let me down. This is where I come to have breakfast EVERY time I am in town. It's also a great place to come late at night or in the wee hours after drinking. Get the menudo; it will cure what ails you! The parking is a bit cumbersome so that's why we go early to beat the crowds. We start with a visit to the bakery counter to get a few pandulces to take to the table to have with coffee while we wait for our order. We like to sit way in the back by the mural and listen to the mariachis. (BTW, would it kill someone to provide a list of who those folks are?) Anyway, my breakfast favorites are the tacitos. I like to get 1 papa con huevo and 1 guiso de puerco with their warm fresh made salsa and that's it! Then afterwards we stroll around the mercado to walk off the carbs. Life is good!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This used to be one of my favorite places to eat.Food flavorless slow service.For what they charge there too many other great places to eat Mexican food.Don't waste your time or money here.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

When I first visited Mi Tierra back in the 80s, it was some very good very authentic Tex-Mex food. Now...not so much. It's still good food, but nothing really special anymore...might be because good Mexican food can be found just about anywhere now compared to back then. Still, good food and a good enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Never have bad food here. Never. Authentic. Delicious. Do NOT miss the bakery items--Cinnamon wedding cookies. YUMMMMO!!!

Been to Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!