“Very poor service, and disgusting food”

Golden Wok Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #311 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
San Antonio, Texas
“Very poor service, and disgusting food”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have lived in San Antonio almost 22 years and still forget every couple of years how bad thus place is. The server was the worst in recent memory for any restaurant. The room temperature food Tasted so bad I could almost feel myself getting sick as I ate and I did

1 Thank bigjones_us

“Great Food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Best Chinese food in San Antonio. The service isn't exceptional but adequate. It's definitely great value and quality for the money.

Visited June 2014
“nasty”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Smells horrible on the outside. Got food poisoning. Was up all night sick. My friend got food poisoning from them months prior, didn't think it would happen to me, and it was my first time there.

Visited April 2014
Fairborn, Ohio
“What happened to the service?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Golden Wok was our favorite place for dim sum, but today's visit has made us decide to never go back. For starters, we called the evening prior to check what time they opened on Sunday, and we were told 11am. However, when we arrived at 11 Sunday morning, both the parking lot and restaurant were full. It turns out they open at 1030 on Sundays and the employee on the phone had been mistaken. After a half hour wait, our first dim sum waiter is extremely rude and unhelpful and it all just really ruined the experience for us. Golden Wok is not well equipped to deal with the crowds on weekend mornings and I will never return.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank andrew_sa1
Hong Kong, China
“Stick with DiGiorno”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you go to aisle 9 in Costco, the frozen section, you will find Ling Ling pot stickers and egg rolls....eat these, save your intestines. Promising sui mai and veg roll dim sum dishes, that came with zero accompanying pepper sauce or scallion dipping sauce. The full bore soy overpowered the only good portion of the meal. Everything else was tasteless, overdone, and downright gross. I hate to leave bad reviews, but I must be jaded from eating good Chinese and dim sum, and went here on merit of local reviewers....very disappointed.

• Visited May 2014