“UPSET!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 8 September 2011

took my grandson here when we took a family trip to san antiono and went here to eat for his supper and we having a great time and meal and when i told them it was my grandson birthday and asked for them to sing or say something to him --- guess what they said they could not do this--are you kidding me-- he is seven years old and you cant or you want say anything to him--very upset with them and so was my seven year old grandson-- i will not go back-- once you hurt one of my children -- thats it and i will tell all i can. dont take your child here if you want them to have a desert or just to let them know they are special and its there day!!!

Reviewed 24 April 2009

I ordered the chicken fried steak dinner ($7) and chopped sirloin dinner ($5.99). Each dinner included a salad, Texas toast, baked potato, and iced tea. The chicken fried steak was two small pieces which is unusual for a steak but the gravy was good. The chopped sirloin was well done and overall the iceberg lettuce salad was water-downed and mediocre. The Texas toast was good but the baked potato received mixed reviews. My potato was burnt and inedible but the other was okay. The waitstaff saw the burnt potato on my plate and replaced it without any questions. Overall, the food is less than average, the service above, the value is definitely good if you have a large family and are looking for a complete meal (protein, carbs, vegs, etc.), and the atmosphere is also family friendly. I won't eat here again and will only recommend it to families looking for low cost food options that covers most of the food groups and with a decent atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 April 2009

We had our breakfast here we were staying at the emily morgan just down the street and across from the Alamo. Good simple food order at the counter and they called when order was ready. Prices good one of the best places for breakfast although they were closed on tuesdays.

Reviewed 19 October 2008

I ate here when I was in San Antonio about 5 years ago and couldn't wait to go back. The prices are great, the place has a retro western diner feel and Texas/Mexican/Diner fare. If you really want the local flavor, eat here! I had the breakfast tacos with beans and chorizo and some home fries. It was real busy, so it took a while to get our food, but it was really busy with our convention in town. The workers were real nice. The only problem was that they couldn't keep enough coffee brewed to keep everybody happy. It's right across from the Alamo and Menger Hotel. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 26 July 2008

While looking for some place for a family of 5 to eat ibreakfast n the downtown area, I stopped and asked a transit authority supervisor. He suggested G/M steak house "just down the block". He said, "...good selection, and resonable prices.".

When we got there, I remember seeing the place as we left the Alamo. We go in, place our order, have a seat, and begin to look around. It is not the most fancy place in S.A., but the food is good. Kind of a home cooked type of place, they seem to appreciate your business, and they stay busy!!!

You will notice a lot of locals eating there too!!!

1  Thank theorigmilkman