“Good Breakfast!”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: North Central
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stopped into this Jim's when I was visiting in San Antonio. I didn't have much time, but was really hungry for some breakfast. I asked my server if it would be long and he did a great job of getting my food to me quickly. The coffee was hot and really good. I ordered the quick scrambled eggs with sausage in them and they came with a side of sausage and some hash browns. The whole breakfast was super good and I was out of there very quickly. The prices are good too. There are Jim's all over San Antonio -- if you're looking for a good old fashioned diner type breakfast, I highly recommend stopping at one.

There are newer reviews for Jim's Restaurant

Reviewed 10 January 2013

if you want to go to a place for a good breakfast with homemade biscuits this is the place. Generally good service although this time they were a little slow. the coffee is always good and hot and the service is friendly. if you are in San antonio there is one close to you

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I love Jim's. When I want some good food and I don't want to spend a lot, I go to Jim's. I must say that the service does vary from location to location but is generally good, the one I go to on Loop 1604 and Culebra in North San Antonio is excellent. The food is always consistently good. If I get breakfast it's usually get the Rustler's Roundup which has 3 eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, toast or biscuits, and hash browns. It is so good! For lunch my favorite is the Frontier Burger, always good. I have had just about everything on the menu and it's always good. Try it, you can't go wrong!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Jims has a variety of dishes and every day Monday through Friday they have a special.

I have had their steak, chicken fried ribeye, hamburgers, soup and salad.

Jim's soup (Chicken tortilla) used to be the best I had ever had, but they have stopped putting much chicken in it and now it's more like a broth than anything. We loved the soup, but no so much anymore.

They have a grilled chicken salad and it is delicious, it has grilled chicken, greens, real bacon bits, cheese, tomatoes and crutons. I love the combination of ingredients in this salad. Very tasty and healthy.

We just went there last week and had breakfast and I had the ham and cheese omelet with hash browns and an english muffin. It was really tasty. The service on this trip was horrible. My boyfriend and sister waited through more than half of their meal for waitress to bring more coffee, even though she said she would be back with coffee when she brought the meals over. They weren't busy, it was 1 am and we didn't get very good service.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Jims is a San Antonio landmark, great place for breakfast or a quick meal. really good service, hot food and generally clean. The two that are on loop 410 seem be be the best consistent perfomers. It is a little old but generally well maintained.