“Good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

It's an older restaurant but clean. Food is good, service decent for a Friday night. Prices are good for the food you get we had fajita platter and it was enough for 2 adults & a 6yr old boy we'd go again if in the area but wouldn't make the effort to go out of our way for it.

• Visited August 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Tex-Mex average”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Average Tex-Mex, nice but nothing exciting.
The margaritas were good.
I would say that the food was good, but I have had better Tex-Mex.
The portions were larger than average.
The service was excellent - couldn't have been better.

• Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“New menu item really surprised me”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have been eating at La Fonda for as long as I can recall and on my last visit their I noticed something either new or I had just not paid attention to before: grilled shrimp tacos. I thought, why not give it a try. Those were hands down the best shrimp tacos I have ever had, in fact they were so good that I literally thought about them for days after my visit and was wanting more.

Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Warning: Lunch Specials Not Available In All Sections of the Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I went to lunch with some coworkers and I found out something really disturbing. Our waitress informed me that we could not order from the lunch menu because the lunch menu didn't apply in the section of the restaurant we were seated at, not wanting to make a scene - we paid the dinner prices and carried on. But -- Wait, WHAT??!? First of all, this is a ludicrous policy. I understand "appetizers" are only half price at the bar, but really -if I was seated a few tables over I could get the lunch rate but I am 5 feet to far over? Only half the restaurant gets the lunch special, is this a lottery? Crazy as that policy is, its their business, but if they want to have a dumb policy like this they should at least DISCLOSE it to the customers before they are seated - perhaps when the hostess brings the customers back....

• Visited April 2013
“An all time favorite...”
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

La Fonda is an all time favorite of mine for a basic cheese enchilada plate. No matter what you may order you can't go wrong.

• Visited May 2013