“Exotic meal in a nice setting”
Review of Antlers Lodge

Antlers Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Antlers Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$50 - US$75
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Cross street: Rogers Road
Description: Crowned by its namesake, an impressive chandelier created from 500 sets of naturally shed antlers, Antlers Lodge offers a menu filled with innovative twists on traditional Texas fare. From farm to table, locally harvested ingredients and regional specialties complement each dish. Whether you prefer prime cuts, fish, or Texas wild game, you’ll discover a fresh and savory culinary selection.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I dined here on a Friday night. Beautiful restaurant with nice south Texas charm. Our server was Eli and his service was excellent. My wife had the special which was bison and oysters, I chose an elk filet. Both were cooked properly and very tasty. It was nice to have something different than beef. My only regret is that the portion of elk was so small.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Had dinner with my wife and some colleagues at the Antlers Lodge during our stay at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country in San Antonio. The food was amazing. A couple of our party had the Bison steak with shrimp which they loved. My wife had the free range chicken and I had the pork loin chop. Both were fantastic. The salads were great and the sides (asparagus, mushrooms, mashed potatoes) which were served family style were excellent. They have an excellent wine selection and the rest of the menu offers other interesting choices such as Elk and red snapper along with great choices of beef. If you're in San Antonio or staying at the Hyatt then make sure you try Antlers Lodge out. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was probably the best restaurant experience that my husband and I have had in quite some time and we are world travelers.The oysters were fabulous and the steaks were tender as butter and full of flavor.Everything was served at the approppriate temperature which has become a great failing at many restaurants..Our server was most attentive and efficient .Although pricey this dining experience was worth every penny.

1  Thank countessjc
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I ate at Antlers last night using a Travelzoo voucher. The restaurant is in a Hyatt Regency Resort and it is at one end of the complex. Who ever designed the resort should have been questioned about this. To get to the restaurant you have to walk a LONG distance through the resort hall ways (signage is not good, but some is there) and then go outside and walk about a hundred yards to get to the restaurant which is IN the same building as the resort!

But, the restaurant was well decorated and was quite a romantic setting. The service was excellent. Tony was our waiter and did a superb job. I have no idea how much water I drank because every time I set the glass down, somebody was there to fill it back up! We both had cuts of Elk which were superb. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We were stuffed, so I guess the long walk back to our room was a good thing!

The food was cooked perfectly and serve in an attractive manner. The menu had numerous options and all sounded good.

The only negative, and the reason I can only go 4 stars, is the cost. Even though we were on a Travelzoo Voucher, we still had a bill of $54 including tip. Without the voucher, the cost would have been around $180 ( including two glasses of wine at $7 each, taxes, and $30 tip). I am one of those people that have a hard time paying that much for a meal. If I do, then everything should be lavish and impeccable. While we really enjoyed the evening and have nothing bad to say about the experience, I just don't think it was worth the value at $180. But, it cost us a total of about $110 including the Travelzoo charge, and I cannot complain about that!

I would go back again if I got another deal like this one.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Antlers is far from the front desk of the Hyatt resort (good) with lots of parking. The atmosphere is faux hunting lodge (lots of antlers in the light fixtures.) Most of the food and all of the service was excellent. Since their focus is "game meat" (probably from specialty farms, not shot by hunters) I recommend that route. My wife, one of our friends and I had quail, elk and bison (quail can be an appetizer or entree) and we all were very happy. Our other friend had a red snapper filet. It was "catch and release" size, about six inches long. He said it tasted good and he enjoyed dessert, but it did not compare well with a 10 oz bison filet or elk medallions. The lighting was so soft that we had to squint to read the menus (dark print on white paper) and I had to ask for a penlight to read the wine list (red or brown ink on tan paper).