“Horrid Service”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited this place based on the recommendation of a handful of different people. First off the wait time was not too bad to get a table. However once you were seated your experience is nothing but downhill.
Service was horrible: Waiter did not come to the table for 15 minutes. Another 10 minutes to bring the drinks. We had to ask for chips, which took another 5 minutes to bring. Asked for salt was never brought, I had to get up myself and find it. Food was not brought to the table at the same time. My meal came first, then my wife, and 20 minutes later my kid’s food. My wife’s meal was incorrect, my meal was missing items, and when my kids food came out it was not cooked properly, and was missing items.
At this point we complained and were told a manager would be with us. 10 minutes go by and we wait. Finally the manager lets us know that she is very sorry and that our waiter is usually on his “A” game but not today and that our meal cost has been taken care of. In my opinion the waiter was high as a kite. I could not understand him in either Spanish or English. He slurred his words, and that was only after he was able to find them.
Maybe we will give this place another try since we had heard such great things in the past. But considering all the other great places to eat, maybe not.

1  Thank Colin7672

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went over for dinner on a Thursday evening around 5:00 p.m. ordered the Dave's Special plate because it had the usual enchiladas, crispy taco, carne asada, and guacamole, the usual rice and beans but we also order an extra order of guacamole. Needless to say my husband and I shared and it was more than enough for both of us and very tasty. Our server was very attentive but not overboard. We ordered beer with a cold glass and he poured the beer into our glasses this is rare but nice in my opinion. We will go back and try the puffy tacos was told they were very good also.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

lunch crowd gone a little slow to get serviced but once hot plate was in front all worries were gone

Reviewed 3 May 2014

When the locals pack the place you know it's good. Brief wait to be seated but then the service was fine. After seeing 2 eggs offered for 20 bucks on the Riverwalk this was a breath of fresh air. We had very tasty huevos rancheros, chips/salsa, and coffee and we were out the door for under 7 bucks a piece. Nice lively packed atmosphere. The place was hopping constantly. It's worth the short walk from the big hotels and overpriced fare on the Riverwalk. We'll come back.

Less than a mile walk from the convention hotels - you can do it

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'm not a fan of Mexican food, but this place was above average and we all were satisfied with our meals. I had a difficult time identifying many vegetarian options, but settled on bean and cheese chalupas, which were fine. My picky eater was able to get a hamburger, but he wasn't wild about the fries that came with it (needed to be a little more crisp and flavorful). Several groups were celebrating birthdays while we were there, which was fun. The service was fine