“The Hyatt Made It Easy”

Ranked #17 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“The Hyatt Made It Easy”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

My husband had business in San Antonio and booked the Hyatt the day after Labor Day Monday so I could relax poolside while he went to meetings. The resort was empty but I could imagine it was kid central for the 3 day weekend. Great location for families only a few miles from Sea World and a 15 minute ride to the Riverwalk in downtown. We had a studio and it was fine, it came with a fridge, coffee maker, microwave and silverware. Nice room overall, lovely view.
The Hyatt has a restaurant and a store on property that you can pick up things to nuke/cook. No room service. Pools were wonderful with multiple slides for the kids, indoor and outdoor hot tubs and of course the lazy river.
Game room/media room were cool and they also had a kids club. Overall the resort thought of everything to cater to the kids yet keep the high Hyatt standard for the adults. The resort also had fire pits and walking/hiking trails and places to kick back through out the property and kept the "Texas Theme". I imagine people from Europe would love this rooting tooting Cowboy luxury resort. I would go back and I'm just sorry I have no little ones to bring with me.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsDallasMatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
New York
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Great location. Loved the room. The service was great! The one restaurant, is just okay, but their are a lot of nearby eateries.

The lazy river is a lot of fun, as are the two water slides!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KatonVacation
Bergerac, France
Reviewed 4 September 2009

It"s probably a matter of timing. We stayed there two nights beginning of september and we found it quiet. There were moments that we were alone at the pool. Same matter of timing is when you choose to drive to San Antonio. We left the resort around 11am and were in less than a half our at the rivercentre. We further enjoyed the well maintained property and the excellent service. And for the noisy kids? Timing for sure, but above all a matter of education.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stadenaar
hotreddun
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Travelling with family members. There was a lot of confusion as to when my parents could check in. For some reason, even though the rooms were booked with different names and different credit cards, they put both rooms in my name and would not let my parents check-in. They had to wait in the heat by the pool for over an hour. The rooms were small for the price. Unclean. I found two hairs in the shower and three hairs in the bed. Had to call down to get the sheets changed. The pool was CONSTANTLY crowded with children and a lot of noise. I wish they had some sort of "Adults Only" area because my husband and I certainly couldn't get any privacy or a moments peace. We only went swimming for about 20 minutes before the noise was to much for us. The restaurant JBs was VERY overpriced. My daughter ordered Mac and Cheese. I was expecting a more gourmet style that you usually get at restaurants but it was the old "blue box" style straight. Her fruit cup was also very small with only a few grapes and one strawberry split in half. My husband and I split a pizza that was good but greasy. We were unfortunately roomed next to a very loud family with a screaming child that was banging and yelling against the walls until about 11 p.m. I will say that the campus was fabulous. Well manicured lawns and foliage. Just needs more peace and quiet.

Bottom line: Don't go here expecting to relax and unwind. Lots of kids, lots of yelling, lots of screaming. Not really a "resort feel" to me. Way to crowded.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotreddun
New Providence, NJ
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We (my wife and I and 4 kids aged 10 to 16) stayed four days at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. We knew in August it would be hot and we weren't wrong - 4 days all over 100 degrees!

The Hyatt 2 bedroom we stayed in was very nice - clean , well-decorated in a Southwest theme, all the details you would want including fully-loaded kitchen, flat screen TV's and washer/dryer. Lots of room. for a family of 6. My wife and I were in King Room, and kids were in other room with a full size bed and a pullout couch. The pull-out was fairly good quality as pullouts go, but we had expected two full size beds as per our stay in Hyatt Pinon Pointe (Sedona, AZ) a year earlier - we asked about that and were told that half the rooms have pullout couches and half have 2 beds - and that we should have asked ahead of time to "request" the two beds. Live and learn.

The pool is very nice, although it skews a little too young for the age of my kids - the depth is just 3 feet all-around, except at the zero -entry where it's even less. That said, the pool slides (one outside, one sheltered inside) are fun and very fast! One day the outside pool slide was closed due to a problem (bees, I heard). I thus asked to go to the Hyatt Hill Country Resort very nearby. I first asked the Wild Oak front desk, who told me "no" but said that if I wanted I could call the other Hyatt myself and ask and explain the circumstances. I asked if they would make the call to their sister hotel, but they declined - which I thought was bothersome. They didn’t really seem to care. So I did call the Hill Country - their representative was extremely sympathetic, but said that they were sold out and their pool was just too overcrowded to let more people in . We swung by that Hyatt later in the day just to see it – and she was correct – their pool was extremely crowded. I gained a much greater appreciation for the small numbers at the Wild Oak pool, where we could play water volleyball over the net or go down the waterslide pretty much whenever we wanted. And the lazy river at the back of the property. So overall, very nice pools, especially for the toddler to 7-years old age range.

We also did the typical San Antonio events – the Alamo (one-hour including listening to the historian was about all it took), Sea World is 2 miles away (surprisingly uncrowded except the Lost Lagoon water park that was massively over-crowded), Schlitterbahns water park which was extremely crowded but worth it, and the Natural Bridge Caverns which was a fun walk under the earth, as well as the driving safari tour next door.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank TallJim
texas
Reviewed 31 July 2009

What a blast,,,,,beautiful accomodations with two slides and a lazy river second to none--Music all over the grounds, great staff, and pools and hot tubs everywhere---took a teen and three grandsons under 7---so much to do and see,,,,,,,,,,,,even a smores pit at night!!!!

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sandilee
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We are still here and its great! The front desk staff is fabulous, very friendly and helpful in any way. We are in the Persimmon building which is right across from the pool area and rec center.
The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. We are in a 2 bederoom unit, the second bedroom has 2 full/quenn size beds with a large bathroom in the hallway. A small washer and dryer are in the front hallway All stainless appliances, granite counter throughout, cusinart coffe maker, blend, toaster. Flat sceen tvs in living room and bedrooms, A large patio off master bedroom and living room.
The pools are great the outdoor has a large waterslide as well as the indoor pool, 3 or 4 jucuzzis in the pool areas as well as one hidden in the lazy river area. The beach is great with a small bar/food area and lots of sand for sand castles as well as a zero entry area for the small children.
Daily activites are greaqt, caricatures, pony rides, tube races, movies, etc.
The grounds are nice not the greenest grass but considering the heat and the exztreme drought this is to be expected. They are very clean you will not encolunter any debris or trash any where.
We are nowners with Hyatt in Key West although our favorite rsoet with Hyatt is the Coconut Plantaion in Bosnita Springs this is a close second. We will defenitly be back with 5 & 7 year old girls this is a great place for kids!~!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family