“Great Stay and Good Night's Sleep”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #155 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
league city
“Great Stay and Good Night's Sleep”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I wanted to write a review on this hotel because after a hectic flight and a long work day ahead, it was nice to stay at a comfortable hotel. The staff I dealt with were all nice as well and the room was quite comfortable. I wish there was a little more of a selection at breakfast but it was still very good. Maybe it was only because I arrived late to breakfast and got what was left.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Stayed one night at this location on a recent visit to San Antonio for our last night. We had to get up early for a flight home and this was very close to the car rental drop-off and airport. The hotel was neat, clean, quiet, despite being very close to the highways and airport. One front desk person was terrific with directions and another one knew nothing. Breakfast was your standard fare, including waffels. The hotel served the purpose we needed. Would stay here again if I needed a hotel for the same reason, but would prefer something away from the highways and busyness for relaxation/vacation.

• Liked — Clean and close to the airport.
  • Disliked — Access to highways and highway exits are a bit tricky in this area.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Albany
Reviewed 12 April 2008

The hotel was just around the corner from our car rental location and it was very easy to get to from there despite the mess from construction on the highway.

The hotel was newer and very nice. Our room was clean and fresh. We had a microwave and refrigerator. Housekeeping was good.

Breakfast was great, plenty of choices and waffles in the shape of Texas. The breakfast room was clean and large.

We were in town for my daughter's graduation from Basic Training at Lackland AFB and the location of this hotel was not even close to convenient. It was a good 1/2 hour drive. I used reviews here in deciding where to stay because I knew my daughter would want to spend her time off base chilling at a hotel.

My ex-husband and son stayed at a Days Inn just a 1/2 mile away and all agreed to "hang out" at my hotel since it was brighter and nicer.

My daughter took advantage of alone time in the shower several times for extended periods of time. Water pressure and temperature were never a problem. She tried to make up for 6 weeks of 3 minute showers with 30 other women!

I used hotel points and couldn't have been more pleased with the value received. Choice hotels run the range from pitiful to great. This was on the great end.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 March 2008

The hotel itself was just OK. There was a funky smell in the lobby area that persisted our entire stay. Thankfully it was confined to that area. The room was just ok, nothing special and nothing more really expected. We did have to call two days in a row for our room to be made up. On the first day we had a raucous group of staff seemingly partying in front of our door as if everyone should have enjoyed their party at 8:00 a.m. We said nothing. The next two days our room was never cleaned until we called late in the afternoon, past 5:00 p.m. We were downtown at the convention center all day and wanted to retun to a clean room. Very disappointing! The location is good, especially for getting to the airport, although we had to deal with a ton of construction which made travel difficult. San Antonio seems to be tearing down every other street in the city at present. Going into to downtown is very easy taking Broadway. Mostly residential/commercial streets but very efficient.

I don't think I would stay at this hotel again, there are too many other properties in the area that should have a better handle on takikng care of their guests.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank A-snowbird
Appleton, WI
Reviewed 7 October 2007

Considering all the bad reviews I read for some of the other motels in the San Antonio airport area, I feel I got a great deal for $89.00 a night here. The road construction on 410 still makes most of the motels and businesses in the airport area dfficult to get to. Be sure to call the hotel to get current driving directions, then print out a detailed street map of the Broadway/410 area before you arrive. (Different streets are getting closed off every day.) It looks to me like the road construction will last several months yet.

My non-smoking room was clean and fresh; not musty at all, which I appreciate because of my asthma. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful all week long. For example, I left a note for the maid the first day, asking for two regular coffee packets instead of a decalf and a regular, and the maids did so every morning of my stay. (That was nice, because I was working from my room a lot...) The microwave and refrigerator were clean.

I asked a couple of other strangers in the elevators how they liked their rooms, and everybody I spoke to was very pleased.

If you are a swimmer, the comma-shaped outside pool is fine for the family to spash around in, but too small to swim laps. It is on the side of the building where people driving by or in sitting in the restaurant across the street can watch you swim, so, for these two reasons, I didn't swim.

The high-speed Internet worked flawlessly, but it is not wireless. Be sure you bring a network cable for your laptop, or bring your own wireless router.

The ony minor problem I encountered was that the breakfast ended at 9:30 AM every day, including Saturday and Sunday. The food was good, especially the hard-boiled eggs and the fresh Texas-patterened waffles. However, on the weekends, I wish they could extend breakfast until at least 10:00 AM.

• Liked — Clean and friendly, good high-seed Internet
  • Disliked — Breakfast ended at 9:30 AM, even on the weekends.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank MidwestComputer
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2007

My wife and I came to San Antonio for the first time to celebrate out 34th wedding anniversary. We have stayed at many
Comfort Inns in the past and they proved to be a good choice. This was a stormy time in San Antonio and the weather was near blizzard proportions. After flying across the country to this destination we found one of the desk staff to be very good, however a little gal proved to be cranky, disagreeable and obnoxious. She definitely needed that customer service class as she had few if any people skills. After staying a week we would rate the rest of the staff as very good, and we had no other encounter with the negative one and we were glad we didn't!

• Liked — swimming pool
  • Disliked — front desk personnel
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Wash.
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Spent a week here for business. Located close to 410 freeway, so it was easy access to both San Antonio as well as Austin. Very close to the airport and rental car places. Lots of construction in the area, which makes traffic a mess in the mornings and evenings.

Rooms were a nice size with comfortable beds and a sitting area. Good desk for working, with free wired internet. No restaurants in easy walking distance, but some decent places available a short drive away.

Breakfast was fair, with cereal, pastries, toast, waffles. Would have liked some fruit at the buffet for a little variety.

I'd recommend the Comfort Inn for a good, modestly priced stay, particularly if you need to be close to the airport.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Construction in area
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business