“Great rates, old rooms”

Ranked #251 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Edinburg, Texas, United States
“Great rates, old rooms”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed in SA for a few days during Spring Break, so we were looking for a competitive rate that wasn't too far from shopping areas, restaurants, etc. This fit the bill perfectly--we paid an average of $55 a night (booked early). The hotels is only fair. Mattresses are older--clean though. TV is very outdated & we had a hard time getting a clear resolution, but management sent over a "new" old TV that probably weighed 100 lbs. Anyway, the king-room had a small kitchen area, which was great since we were traveling with our 2-month old. We could wash out bottles, etc. Water temperature was...unpredictable. Markings on shower were switched, so test the waters before stepping in. Definitely wouldn't recommend letting a little one bathe without supervision as the temp changes without much warning! Can't comment on breakfast as we slept in past the weekday 9AM shutoff. Overall, you get what you pay for & we were just looking for a place to sleep in that was not overpriced.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank thereeds_2704

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I was a little skeptical about staying here because we got the room for under $30 a night but I was very pleasantly surprised! The room/suite we stayed in was very big with a kitchenette in it. The king bed was a plus and comfy. Everything was clean although when I first walked in, it had an old hospital odor to it (not a big deal, just bought febreze) The man at the front desk was not the friendliest but not rude either. Breakfast needed a little more variety but the waffles are good. Would definitely stay here again if I need a good room on a budget!

• Stayed November 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2014

For the price, you simply cqan't beat it. The room was very clean. I've read a few horrible reviews and all I can say is, what do you expect for less than $40.00 a night? If they were expecting the Hilton for the price they must not be too bright. The rooms here are very nice with a small kitchenette. I am very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I got this for me and four little girls while we were in town for Fiesta Six Flags. Pretty much got a room with two double beds and a pull out- but got no linen for the pull out and only four pillows ( told by front desk lady " owner won't buy anymore pillows") there was never any ice in the machine and I checked it late at night and at 0645. Only two bath towels were given for a suite that slept 5- told by front desk "it's the law". the breakfast stopped at 9 which is too early for tired girls from a full day at Fiesta and I was stopped from taking them breakfast to the room for when they woke up. dead bolt broken off, phone did not work, was ONE tissue in bathroom box and one itty bitty bottle of shampoo for a suite that slept 5... just a few of the things lacking..... will not ever recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brigidlillian
Willis
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We wanted something close to Fiesta Texas and this hotel is not too far. That is the best thing I can say about it. It started with the front desk clerk standing in front of the No Smoking sign on the front door - smoking. Then we were greeted by roaches running for cover on the floor of our room when we turned on the lights. Moldy, soggy, smelly French fries shoved into air vents of the A/C. We went down to complain but told no one from housekeeping was there. We only had two towels for four women and had to wait at the front desk as she was 'on property dealing with a situation' (or so the hand written sign said.) The next day - housekeeping came but did not remove the French fries. They left three towels - but one had an unidentifiable stain. You get what you pay for but this was ridiculous!! Will bypass this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellie B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I saw the listing for this inn & suites on trip advisor, but booked with choice hotels. I chose this inn for the price and the mini kitchenette (sink, 2 burner stove, fridge, & microwave) since I would be cooking most of our meals. Imagine my disappointment when rm #: 220 large burner did not have a burner knob to turn on & off. The other knob did not fit as well. And the clerk, although nice, was no help with another room or getting maintenance help. That was my main complaint. This place is somewhere to lay your head. LOL----the clerk stated they were a 4 star compared to the inn next to them. The carpet & sofa was dirty looking with stains & bed sheets were spotted. Luckily I brought old sheets & pillowcases. I will stick with Hotwire and 3 star & up according to my husband.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tellmesome
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Made my reservations a week in advance, and actually went to check out the rooms a few days before my schedule dates, the lady at the front desk was very friendly and had no problem with me checking out the rooms to make sure I would be comfortable with it. The room wasn't big but had all the necessities I was looking for. The microwave, the refrigerator, and sink. My experience was great, actually we were not around other than 2 sleep n in the mornings. Room was clean, eveything worked great. So for the price I would definitely come back. Great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple