“It was perfectly fine”

Ranked #272 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“It was perfectly fine”
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We just returned from San Antonio to run in the Inaugural RocknRoll Marathon. What we liked best (we had two rooms) was the spaciousness. One room had a kingsize bed then a little room seperated by a half wall with a sofa sleeper, coffee table, lamps, desk with chair so someone could relax on the bed while others visited. There is also a refrigerator and microwave. We had to have lots of food and water for the race so that was good. The one cup coffee maker? uh, if you really like good coffee, go get some.

Yes, the rooms are older but they are fine. The other room we booked was a two double bed room and it also had a sofa sleeper and all the stuff the king room had. The bathrooms were decent, but we aren't really that picky if we don't pay an arm and a leg. The tubs are older so have some stains but that doesn't bother me as long as it's clean.

The carpeting could use updating but again, I always use flip flops to walk around so no big deal. The beds were really comfortable and BEST OF ALL, the rooms are really dark and quiet. We couldn't hear a thing and slept really well.

The front desk personnel were friendly, not overly talkative but kind.

I would say this place is pretty convenient. It's on Fredericksburg in between Huebner and Wurzbach so you can quickly get to Interstate 10. I got a good price and would stay again. Some of the reviews I read really scared me and I was surprised that Priceline would use this place but once I got to the hotel and saw the room, I was not scared or wanted to leave. The size of the room and comfort was all we wanted.

• Liked — Comfort/price
  • Disliked — Nothing really, but maybe the old carpet
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Austin, TX
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Not as clean as it should have been. Shower curtain and sink had hard water stains. Room did not have air conditioner on when we came in, so it took forever to cool. Sofa and bed cover had stains. I woke up with what appeared to look like mosquito bites, but I think it was bed bugs. I booked this through priceline as a 2 star hotel. My recommendation if you book through priceline and you want to stay In San Antonio make sure its 2 1/2 star or better or else you'll wind up regretting it. If this is a 2* , I can only imagine a one star.

• Liked — The distance to our destination---Fiesta Texas
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
RegencyInn210, Owner at Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Hi, your information concerning the sink and shower curtain in your room was most helpful for the improvements made on our property. Our housekeepers are asked to turn on the air conditioning during extreme weather in San Antonio, and please accept our apology your room was not properly prepared for your stay. We strive to make our guests satisfaction the goal everyday, and your information will allow us to complete that task. Please allow Regency Inn and Suites to serve you in the future when visiting San Antonio.
tamerama
Reviewed 15 February 2008

WARNING! This place is nasty. I booked a 2* through priceline since i only needed one night and was on my own. What a mistake!! DIRTY floors...dusty everything. Water stains on the ceilings..curtain falling off the rod....wall paper border had been pulled down on one wall and the blank torn up wall was left. I could seriously NOT believe that priceline would give out this hotel. I immediately called priceline who cancelled my order and left my high and dry basically. Told me to leave the key and did not a whole lot mroe to help me. Fortunately my husband was able to make me other accomodations from home but it was VERY unpleasant to say the least!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the entire experience
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank tamerama
Andrews, TX
Reviewed 10 November 2007

My wife and I needed a reasonable motel for a week while she underwent surgery at the Medical Center. It was convenient to the hospital and the suite, if you call it that, was only $79/night. I do agree that the room appeared aged, but we saw no evidence they wasn't adequately cleaned. We, too, were initially put in a smoking room, but our complaint was quickly remedied. One thing that we really liked was that it was quiet. No traffic noise, banging doors, or stomping from the room overhead. We were able to sleep very well. The breakfast room offered mixed box of donuts, Tang-style orange juice, coffee, and three cereals. But if you want a nice brunch, stay at the Embassey Suites and pay 30% more. If cost wasn't an issue, I would. But for the cost, Regency Inn & Suites delivered.

• Liked — cost
  • Disliked — breakfast room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank drjhawk
Lubbock Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2007

Stain on carpet, mold in shower, poorly laundered towels, bathroom cabinet missing door, bathroom door dirty, deluxe continental breakfast consisted of 4 containers of cereal, Tang type orange juice, two small boxes of donuts. Multiple cigarette burns on furniture, hair dryer, counters, cigarette smell in non-smoking room. Priceline providing rooms like this could severely hurt their wonderful reputation of providing surplus rooms at great prices.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — condition of room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Dear Sir, your comment is greatly appreciated, and much corrective action has taken place since your stay in 2007. We have made improvements to amenities, carpets, beds, furnishings, and staff. We strive to serve our guests not only with quality customer service but also with excellent rooms for a resonable price. We love customer feedback so that we can correct situations that may hinder guests stay(s) upleasant. Please allow Regency Inn and Suites another opportunity to earn your business while visiting San Antonio.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 April 2006

My boyfriend and I spend two nights at the Regency Inn and Suites during Easter weekend. The first room they gave us was a smoking room, so we moved to a non-smoking room. The rooms are pretty old, and dirty. The toilet is absolutely disgusting.....seems like it hasn't been cleaned in years. The bathtub is also pretty gross. The day after we stayed there for a night, the housekeeper informed us that the bed had BED BUGS!!!! We were appalled and disgusted. My boyfriend talked to the person in the front desk and he was so indifferent to the whole situation....he didn't even apologize. We asked for a discount, but the guy said he was already acommodating us by giving us another room. The third room we got was bed bug free (or so they said) but it was still pretty gross. The day we checked out I once again asked for a discount.....i was hoping to get at least on apology, but I guess i was asking for way too much. i only got a $10 a night discount. I will NEVER again stay at that hotel, and i will tell everyone I know not to stay there. It is disgusting and there's plenty of hotels in San Antonio that are WAY better than this one.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hello, first allow me to apologize for the incovience you encountered durinjg your stay at Regency Inn and Suites. This property has been under new ownership and has undergone improvements. As with any hotel improvements are a task that never ends and any feedback we recieve we use that to make more improvements. We strive to make every guest comfortable in a clean and safe room with excellent amenities. Please allow Regency Inn and Suites the opportunity to earn your business in the future with the improvements we have made.