“Great Hotel - Housekeeping needs Work”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lackland AFB/SeaWorld
Ranked #33 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Coral Springs, Fl
“Great Hotel - Housekeeping needs Work”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and in very good shape. Nice breakfast buffet and light dinner options Mon-Thu. Bed is very comfortable and it is nice to have a couch to sit on and watch tv. Only complaint was with housekeeping. They barely cleaned the room and some days never even came. Even when they did 'clean' they never replaced things like toilet paper and coffee cups in the kitchen. I stayed for over a week and the bed sheets were never changed. I would still stay again because overall the hotel is nice and the staff is friendly but, I hope they think about improving housekeeping.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lizfromfl
Margaret C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lackland AFB/SeaWorld, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I appreciate you choosing the Homewood Suites Lackland AFB / SeaWorld as your home away from home during your stay in San Antonio. I am very sorry to hear your experience with housekeeping. I appreciate your detailed feedback as it helps us to improve where we can. I do hope you will give us another opportunity next time you are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This place was great. Not a single complaint from 5 people over a 3 day stay.

If I had to make one request, it would be for more check in staff. The people in front of us were asking about every tourist spot in San Antonio. While it was nice the staff answered the never ending questions, we were tired and ready for the pool.

The rooms were really spacious and had two large TV's, pool was clean, two BBQ pits (propane) were available by the pool and free breakfast and dinner was provided. The kitchen in the room had a normal sized fridge and microwave, 2 burner stove and large sink.

Breakfast was the standard eggs, one meat, waffle, toast, fruits and cereals buffet style.

We were 15 minutes or so away from Sea World, and there were plenty of shopping places to stock up nearby.

There was even a bit of excitement when an unauthorized solicitor was sneaking throughout the hotel sliding advertisements under the doors. The kids were amused with the hotel staff in hot pursuit of the violator.
We all know the hotel clerks get kickbacks from certain restaurants, so this violator was going to be caught or start paying his dues!

Room Tip: Top floors are always the best once you get your luggage there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are thrilled to be your new favorite place to stay! Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites Lackland AFB / SeaWorld. We look forward to your next visit. We hope it's soon!
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Easy to get to Lackland AFB for ceremonies. Nice breakfast spread and if your going to stay for several days the suites are the only way to go. Our graduating Airman was able to hang out and relax, almost like it was home. It's especially nice for them when they have to wear uniforms at all times. They can hang out in there civilian clothes and sit on a couch.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are excited that your Airman was able to enjoy his time with his family, just like he was at home. We appreciate you choosing our Homewood Suites Lackland AFB / Seaworld during your stay in San Antonio. We hope that if you find your way back in town, you will stay with us again.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Hotel is close to everything you'll need - Shopping Centers, restaurants, Sea World. The shopping center is a short walk as well as many food establishments. Manager's reception is great way to save on dinner costs if you have large family. Nice outdoor pool.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us at the Homewood while in San Antonio. I am glad you found our hotel convenient to the shopping center and found our amenities to your liking. We look forward to your next visit to our Homewood.
Gloucester, NC
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Okay, first of all.....I am a tripadvisor freak and always read all reviews before booking anything! All I read was GREAT reviews. Maybe it has to do with the time of the year. We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights......way to long in my book. It was to enjoy our time with our son who graduated BMT training. We made this reservation two months prior to our stay with two simple instructions. One - Top floor room, Two - Regular room with two queen beds. Upon our arrival - finally after a long flight with Delta, We were given a second floor room and handicap accessible. We were very, very tired, so I didn't even ask. We just went with it. Mistake #1. The hotel seemed to be quiet the first night. That ended quickly!!! By the second night it sounded like we had a daycare above us. THIS HOTEL IS NOT QUIET!! THE WALLS ARE PAPER THIN. Then we had people move next to us and they decided to scream at their kids for hours!!!! I went downstairs to complain, but WOW, there was atleast 20 people complaining and yelling!!! Apparently this hotel has no customer service. I decided to just go back to my room. What was the point in standing there. Housekeeping is horrible. We had food all over our kitchen floor when we arrived. No one ever came to clean it. We finally had to get it up the best we could. We had to ask for towels, washcloths and hand towels everyday!!! The couch was nasty!!! It had huge stains all over it!! We were afraid to even sit on it!!! The beds were decently comfortable, if you could actually have a quiet night. The breakfast was not great. Just your typical stuff. The staff of the breakfast area were somewhat nice. There was several beer parties in the parking lot one night we pulled in. I was very nervous to even think about leaving the rental car out there!! This hotel is near shopping and some places to eat. But I would consider looking elsewhere if you need a good night sleep. This hotel seems to be a "extended stay" as we met many families that had been there for months. The laundry services consist of two washers and two dryers!!! Not what I was expecting at all!!!! We were very disappointed, especially after reading all the wonderful reviews! Will not stay here again!!!! Oh the pool is very, very small. If you like to swim, don't stay here!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kirsten L
I am very disappointed to hear your stay was not what you expected. I would love to speak with you if you could reach out to me at the hotel. I appreciate your detailed review as it helps us to improve on our service. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Triangle, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Spent some time at the Lackland/Sea World Homewood Suites and was very impressed. The staff, especially the folks that provided the morning breakfast and the evening manager's reception were absolutely wonderful. Met each evening with a warm smile and kind words. The staff is very familiar with the area. Rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. A great place!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad you chose the Homewood Suites Lackland AFB / SeaWorld to stay during your trip to San Antonio. I will share your compliments with our staff about their friendly service. We appreciate it! We look forward to your next visit to San Antonio.
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I travel to San Antonio for business on a regular basis and have tried most of the Hilton properties that are close to my office. So far, this one is the best. Check in was smooth and I was in my room quickly. I had a king suite and it was large and clean. I do like the extra space when I travel. While I did not use the kitchen, the room did have a full sized refrigerator, sink and dishwasher. The desk was functional and while not overly large, did the job. The bed was a typical hotel bed, OK but not great.

The hotel appears to be newer and the grounds are very well maintained. The exercise facility was large with three treadmills, elliptical, a weight machine and dumbbells. Once again, the equipment was clean and well maintained. While I didn't go to the pool, it appeared to be enjoyed by many.
Due to the location of the hotel, there are a lot of families that stay here. Kids were everywhere. Fortunately, the room was pretty quiet, especially after 8:00.

Hilton Suites provides breakfast and dinner at no additional charge. I did eat dinner one night, lasagna and salad, as I did not feel like going off property. It was OK. Nothing great but hey, it's free. The fresh chocolate chip cookies did not last long. The also provide free wine and beer. Breakfast was just OK. I prefer eggs to order rather than a buffet.

The hotel staff was great. Everyone was very friendly and always had a smile on their face regardless of the time. Overall, this is a good hotel and a great value when you include breakfast and dinner. It's close to several restaurants with a few within walking distance. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Margaret C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lackland AFB/SeaWorld, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you so much for your detailed experience. Your feedback is very important to us. It is great to have you stay with us while in San Antonio and we look forward to your next visit.