Crockett Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
2,172 results
All reviewsernie's bargreat locationplantation shuttersthe river walkwafflesalamo groundstortillasrivercenter mallwithin walking distancerooms are smallfresh fruitconvention centershort walkvalet parkingcomplimentary breakfasthistoric buildingan older hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was extremely satisfied with my stay at the Crockett Hotel. From check-in to check-out staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Of special note was Eduardo, who is super sweet and accommodating. The room was just the right size and comfortable. The bathroom was pretty big and loaded with plenty of towels. The staff did a fantastic job of keeping the room clean. Breakfast was nice – they have Texas shaped waffles. My only complaint was that the dining area was always crowded with families with kids, so I had to take my breakfast back to the room with me – but that wasn’t the hotel’s fault. It might be a good idea to wake up a little earlier to avoid the crowd at breakfast. The location of the hotel is perfect, being right by the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and the shopping mall. Next time I’m in San Antonio I will definitely stay at the Crockett hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ileana79
Reviewed 2 July 2011

From the moment we first booked a room at the Crockett Hotel for our 15th wedding anniversay, we were made to feel like our enjoyment and satisfaction was the Crockett's first priority. I was contacted by Eduardo, Manager on Duty at the Crockett Hotel (what a great guy!!!). From his first contact, he extended an offer to make our stay as enjoyable and memorable as he could, and he kept that promise. I took him up on the offer and he arranged to have a dozen sunflowers in the room when we arrived (my wife's favorite). Hang on to this guy as employees like him make a business a true success. Our room was completely fantastic. We had a king size bed, living area, refridge, and a great view of the Alamo site. Every morning we started the day with a great breakfast at the hotel: Fresh fruit, yogurt, home made waffles, juice, eggs, etc. It was a very nice selection, very fresh and always kept stocked. The breakfast hours were also long running until 9:30 which allowed us to sleep late. Our room was professionally maintained every day, with house keeping providing additional towels or supplies upon request. The front desk was professional and assisted us in a very timely manner. On the day of our departure, our flight did not leave until early evening. The Crockett Hotel offered to check our bags into a secure area for us so we could enjoy some additional time in the city without dragging our bags around. All of the above make for a great hotel and a place I would encourage anyone to stay. We will certainly be back! Thanks to Bill & Eduardo for your fantastic customer service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RJGFitness
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Cons:
rooms are small (but it is an old hotel and that is hard to change)
TVs are old
elevators are small
parking was complicated since it was mostly valet (adds extra time)

Pros:
In the heart of the riverwalk/Alamo area
rooms were very clean
breakfast was good and free!

I got a great deal on this room from Priceline so it was an incredible value for the location. I would stay there again but maybe not with kids because of the size of the rooms. I loved the Texas shaped waffles and the breakfast overall was better than almost any you get free at hotels. They could use one extra waffle iron and a few more highchairs. Overall, I recommend it to anyone wanting to be able to walk to wonderful restaurants and attractions in downtown San Antonio. The ability to get a carriage ride steps outside the door was an added treat!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank daughterofsarah
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Centrally located (10 minutes on foot to the convention center, two minutes to the Alamo, 10mintues to the riverwalk), nice spacious and clean room with big bathroom (room number 4019), comfortable hard bed. Free wi-fi. Breakfast buffet was good but could be improved with more food variety. Some collegues travelling with me said their rooms were small.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bulagna75
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The front desk staff and management of the Crockett went out of their way to make our 4 day stay enjoyable, even going so far as to provide a wheelchair and room upgrade when my Mother sufffered heat stroke. We are very impressed with the breakfast buffet available each morning and newspapers provided. Dinner at the Fig House was wonderful, and Mi Terra good too!
We enjoyed the ambiance of San Antonio and a day trip up to Austin-a great getawy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family