“It was great!”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #20 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The staff at the hotel were all very nice and extremely helpful. If you needed it they would get it for you. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful and friendly. Alecia was great, she helped with many of our needs. The hotel is located very close to the Alamo and the river walk. It is very cozy and comfortable. We will definately stay here again if we make it back to San Antonio.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Crockett Hotel.

We encourage our staff to remember that their most important task every day is to provide quality customer service. It feels good to hear that we succeeded in this mission during your stay.

We will share your comments with the entire team. We look forward to having you come back as our guest soon, and we encourage you to tell your friends about the Crockett Hotel. We stand ready to be your hotel of choice when visiting the Alamo City!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,089)

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Crockett for 6 days while my 14 yr. old son was participating in a tennis tournament in San Antonio. My sister and her young children joined us for a few days. When my son and I checked in we were somehow given an awesome, huge suite which we had not booked. I'm not sure how we lucked out there! I asked if my sister could have an adjoining room when she arrived 2 days later and the front desk was happy to accommodate me. Both rooms were very comfortable and clean every day. I was afraid the street noise would be bad at night time, but surprisingly we were never disturbed by outside noise. The elevator was a tad annoying as it made a "ding" every time it passed by our floor regardless of whether it was stopping or not. I wonder if there is a way to disable the "ding" which is probably not necessary to the functionality of the elevator? The staff, particularly the young man who works in the bar, was very friendly. The location is fantastic, especially for the Riverwalk and the Alamo. The swimming pool, though small, was nice and shady with clean towels. The breakfast was adequate, however, too many items were completely out by the last part of the time frame. All in all, I think the Crockett is great value for the money and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and ice/soda machines. The suites, unfortunately, are all nea...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have never experience such bad service as I did in this hotel. First when we arrived the room was not ready, then they gave me the wrong room,when we finally got the room as I enter that room I notice the carpet being really dirty, the linen on the bed was dirty, as I enter the restroom the mirror had water stains everywhere, there were hair on the floor, the shower curtain was dirty and I can go on and on but the thing is that I mention this to the housekeeper crystal when she came to check the room after it has been clean, she said that she would make sure the room was clean next time, but the next day the room was dirty again. Then when I inform front desk nothing was done. The noise that come from the hall every time someone is getting ice. Never the less my experience in the hotel was awful.

• Stayed: August 2011
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience when staying at the Crockett Hotel.

We sincerely apologize for providing a room that was obviously not properly prepared for your prior to your arrival. We strive to maintain all of our guestrooms in a most clean and comfortable way, and we failed to do so in this case.

We will review with our housekeeping staff so that we can prevent any similar circumstance in the future. We hope you will consider returning and staying with us again so that we can demonstrate our normal level of service to you. That is our daily committment to our guests.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here a couple of years ago for a quick weekend trip & enjoyed it. We just returned today from our second stay, a 4 night mini-vacation from Houston. I can not think of ONE bad thing to say about this hotel! We arrived early, & a room was ready for us. When we asked about an upgrade, we had already been given one (queen standard to a king)! Eduardo, who checked us in, remembered us by name throughout our stay... Room was large, bed comfy, bath spotless! Our windows were on the interior, overlooking the lobby, so that was a bit different- not bad, just different. Lights & AC noise did not bother us as some have said. We also had a HUGE closet, which was great, as we could spread our clothes out comfortably. Breakfast was pretty standard, but a nice (free!) perk. Valet parking was good, no problems- yes, you pay, but...you would pay for parking anywhere around this location! One morning they were very busy, so we just asked for the keys- they totally understood, & we were out in 5 minutes. The pool area was perfect- a great way to relax for a bit before heading out to dinner. Never crowded, always shaded, & towels provided quickly if you had to request them. The bar, Ernie's, has limited hours, but again is a great place to relax & have a drink either before or after dinner. The young gentleman bartending is very entertaining, has lots of stories to tell if you let him... As I said before, I can't really think of a complaint to share! The Crockett is officially our "go to" hotel in San Antonio, & I would recommend it to any of my friends!!!

• Stayed: August 2011

We are very happy that we had the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit to the Crockett Hotel. And thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences with others.

We strive every day to make the Crockett Hotel you home away from home, while you visit San Antonio. We know our outstanding location alone will not make the difference, but that it is the staff's attention to detail and committment to customer service that make us successful.

We will share your comments with our staff, and we look forward to seeing you once again some time soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I will write a review after my wife and I stay there this weekend. Here's to hoping we don't have some of the problems reported by the guests who took the time to write the previous reviews.

I am a writer for the New York Times and I will be thorough in my review.....talk to you guys next week........8.4.2011

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I visited San Antonio for a conference but had some free leisure time too so I booked in at the Crockett Hotel. I loved it! The room I had was very spacious and extremely comfortable. I believe that the hotel has been refurbished and the decor is pale green and cream and extremely clean. The staff were friendly and courteous at all times. The hotel's location is fantastic. Across the road from the Alamo and just a few steps away from trolley tours, bus tours, shopping mall, museums and the other historic hotel, the Menger. I usually hire a car when travellin but didn't need to bother, everything was easily accessible from the doorstep of the Crockett Hotel.

The Alamo is of course steeped in history and it was a real pleasure to stay at one of the historic hotels in the city. Complimentary breakfast was included - this can be a bit manic if everyone turns up at the same time. There was a reasonable choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, juices, waffles, croissants and bagels with hot drinks. It was Easter when I was there and the staff gave everyone an egg with breakfast which was a nice touch.

There is a small pool area that is accessible from reception (you need to walk across the drive to a gate). This is a pleasant oasis from the city to relax with clean towels, sunbeds, chairs and tables.

I would highly recommend this hotel if travelling to San Antonio for business or pleasure and I will definitely be staying again in the future.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel for their 'best price room' much better value than anything else...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The breakfast was reasonable, especially considering the price. The room is small, but nothing that results in greater discomfort, considering the price ... I was satisfied with the bathroom quality: well furnished and functional, considering the price ... The higher points are the location (behind to the Alamo, and very next to Riverwalk etc) and the cleanliness of the hotel. There is a key advice related to the breakfast: avoid fruits already cut, because they have seemed to not show the best hygiene patterns, and I say that due to the intestinal discomfort that I felt then. I also suggest requesting a room facing the street, avoiding those facing the lobby; my room was right over the lobby and it was very unpleasant. The hotel manager was very articulate and polite, but it cannot be said the same for the rest of the hotel staff (mainly the front desk staff).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business