“Nice stay”

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #22 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of senior citizen. The staff was very nice. Allowed us to check in early. The hotel is in a fantastic location. Very clean. Beds very comfortable. The ac was a little noisy. But all in all it was a good stay

• Stayed March 2013
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide visitors to Trip Advisor with a review of your recent stay at the Crockett.

We strive every day to provide a unique hotel experience that is clean, comfortable and convenient for our guests.

As a 104 year old facility, in the shadow of the historic Alamo, and in the heart of San Antonio's downtown...we have been blessed with an unbeatable location for more than a century. Our staff focuses now to provide the service and experience for our guests everyday.

As an independent, boutique hotel, we rely very much on word of mouth referrals and online exposure for others to learn about the Crockett. Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Lancaster, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My wife and I traveled to San Antonio to see a couple of old friends and booked a room at the Crockett right across the street from the back of the Alamo grounds. It was a very clean and spacious room and the bed and pillows were very comfortable as well. The hotel itself is historic having been built in 1909 on grounds where the battle was actually fought. It was enlarged some years back and the large lobby shows the former exterior walls which now enclose interior rooms, an interesting sight. We enjoyed the continental breakfast for two mornings. Always nice to eat a waffle shaped like Texas (and not Rhode Island!). There was plenty of other breakfast fare as well, fruit, etc. Overall, a nice stay in an interesting city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side overlooking the Alamo and a view of downtown San Antonio.
Regina
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel can't decide if it's an up-scale or a cheap-and-clean hotel. Does neither well. Nice lobby great location but free breakfast worse than most road side motels. No bowls for cereal in the morning. I asked the waitress and she said I was supposed to eat the cereal by pouring milk in the little box it came in. Let's see grand piano in the Lobby, guests eating out of paper cereal boxes in the morning??? No real bacon or ham, just some mixed in with scrambled eggs. If there is no restaurant in the hotel why not at least have the usual little bar fridge in the room to store some soda and fruit?? Darkest hotel room I've ever been in. I know "energy saving" but give me a break, we've discovered electricity, lets not go back to one candle level lighting. Stay at "Historic Hotels of America" when possible, this is the least best of them I've hit. But to its credit, the rooms were clean, and the staff were as help full as possible.

1 Thank Farmer_Don_S
Royse City, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I went to San Antonio for our anniversary on February 8th through 11th. The hotel was alright. It was clean, room was good, and the location was excellent. The only drawbacks we found was the guy at the front desk was rude checking us in and acted as if we were bothering him. The breakfast was not good. They had eggs and tortillas that I ate one morning but didn't eat breakfast there again. If you are looking for a hotel with a great location I would recommend this one.

Dallas,
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Nice hotel, very friendly staff, nice barkeep. The room was very clean and nice. Location is great for sightseeing, right behind the Alamo and very close to the Riverwalk access. Breakfast bar was good. All in all this was a very nice weekend get away hotel for the wife and I during out stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Cobourg, On
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed here for a visit to San Antonio rodeo and a bit of sight seeing. Comfortable, clean and convenient location. Breakfast was great and service was good. Will definitely stay here next time in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small, just ask for a larger one, our friends did and it was no problem.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Connecticut
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I had reservations this hotel for the end of Feb 2013. In January, my credit card was charged even though this was not supposed to be pre-charged. When I called to correct the error, the reservations person would just not help. She kept telling me that since I made the reservation through expedia, I had to call them. I did not make the reservation through expedia and the charge on my credit card clearly showed The Crockett Hotel. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that no one was there. Based on my experience with the reservations person, I would not ever stay here. I have no idea what the hotel looks like in person, however, I don't feel that it's important since there is obviously no service or help provided with anything at all.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your experience with one of our reservation agents. We value any feedback we receive and use it with our staff members so that we can re-train and reinforce how important EACH intereaction with a guest is to their perception of the entire hotel. There is never an excuse for a rude or unhelpful interaction, and especially when an error had occured in the reservation/payment process.

We will review with all of our reservations staff about the importance of accuracy in this regard. We certainly never wish an error to occur in the processing of charges to our guests.

Additionally, We apologize that when you called in, our reservation staff was not more able to assist you or provide with contact to our accounting department or other management.