“Excellent stay”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were very pleased with everything at the Crockett. Location was perfect for visiting the Alamo, Riverwalk, shopping and sights. Room was nice size, very clean with all amenities. Full breakfast. Staff were exceptional in helping us find good restaurants and getting us tickets to a Spurs game. Very good price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crockett Hotel

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is right across the street from The Alamo and within walking distance to Tower of the Americas. There is a very touristy area across the street from the Alamo, so of course it's in close proximity to that as well. This made the location perfect for us as we didn't have to drive and then park at these places.

It was easy to get to from I-35, which is always nice.

The room was nice and clean and staff were friendly.

There was a nice selection of items at breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room that does NOT face the interior of the hotel. They have a...
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I did my research before booking this hotel, so I knew the potential that it had. It simply didn't live up to my expectations once I got there. I knew that there were either outside facing rooms or inward facing rooms that looked over the lobby, so I emailed several days in advance to confirm my reservation and request a room that faced outward. I got "reservation noted," as a reply. I didn't necessarily even want a room that overlooked the Alamo. I simply wanted a room that didn't point straight toward other rooms' windows, but unfortunately, I got an inward facing room. I hated not being able to open the blinds in the room to let in natural light. I felt like other guests would be able to see into our room if I did that (and they definitely could because I could see into other people's rooms if I looked through our blinds). It was also noisy in our room when people were talking in the lobby. I question that there were no outside facing rooms available when we checked in because we checked in right when check in started and even offered to wait a few more hours if they had something on the outside open up, but we were told that only inward facing rooms were available so that's what we got. I would not stay here again because I wouldn't want to gamble on whether or not I could get an outside facing room.

Other than the lack of view and natural light, our room was fine. There was a stain of some sort on the sheets, so that was kind of gross. I was happy that I brought my own blanket and pillow after seeing that. It was also impossible to cool our room off even though there was a "programmable" thermostat in the room. It's going to stay 72 degrees in your room no matter what you try to do to it. This might have to do with it being an older hotel, so I guess it's a trade off. Another annoying thing in the morning was that the maid let the door slam each and every time she had to leave and enter a room (starting around 8am). It would have made me very angry if I were trying to sleep in, but luckily, we had to go to breakfast and check out anyway. She also barged into my room after my boyfriend accidentally knocked the "Do not disturb" sign off of our door on his way to the lobby about two and a half hours before check out. I was very happy that I was just standing there packing my things instead of being in an embarrassing situation because she didn't knock whatsoever.

Now for some pros. The pool was cute. It's nothing too fancy, but it was nice for sitting on the side to put our feet in. The location was really fantastic because the Rivercenter mall is on one side and the Alamo is on the other. It's also a very short walk to the part of the Riverwalk with many restaurants. I had no problems with the wifi. The breakfast was very good although I can't think of many options that would be easy to eat on the go.

Room Tip: I didn't like my inward facing room (409) because of lobby noise and not being able to open my b...
1  Thank sophia_78605
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback after your recent visit to the Crockett Hotel.

We strive everyday to provide a clean comfortable hotel in the heart of our great city. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations during this visit.

As a historic property in the center of San Antonio, we have a wide variety of room types, shapes and sizes and views. We are sorry that the atrium view that you had was not to your liking and that we were not able to move you to another room. Thank you as well for the number of positive aspects of your stay that you mentioned as well.

We use our customer feedback to review and improve our service. We will share with our entire team so that our future guests will have more enjoyable stays at the Crockett.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here a few years ago. I would stay here again on my next trip to San Antonio. NIce hotel, great location. Just across the street from the Alamo. The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tesa_morris
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at the Crockett Hotel. So nice to stay somewhere unique, located so conveniently to everything we wanted to do! From the helpful staff to the comfortable, clean rooms decorated in a peacefully soothing way -- we definitely plan to stay here the next time we visit San Antonio!

Room Tip: Our room was across from the Alamo. We heard the horse drawn carriages "clop clopping" do...
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and loved the location which was across the street from the Alamo. The staff was amazing and the staff's customer service was second to none!!! The room was clean and Ernie's bar had great drinks. The had a valet service who had our car ready anytime we needed to drive somewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristi P
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Thank you so much, Crockett Hotel for helping to make our 5-day stay in San Antonio for Fiesta such fun! Special thanks to Eduardo Elcantar for your excellent service! This was our first Fiesta and Eduardo was so helpful with Fiesta and restaurant tips! The location is terrific, our room was fine, breakfast was excellent, and Ernie's Bar is a great place to relax at the end of the day (and quieter than the bar at the hotel across the street). If we're back in San Antonio, you can bet we will stay at the Crockett!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple