“A long way out on the Museum Reach”

Wyndham Garden San Antonio Riverwalk/Museum Reach
Ranked #38 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a beautiful new hotel. It is just past the locks on the Museum reach and may be further than you anticipate from the Convention Center if you are thinking about the River Walk - the Museum Reach is quite a bit out from the center of town. The Hot tub and pool overlook the river walk and the hotel public spaces are beautiful. Not as happy about paying for parking which was not mentioned in the convention booking of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden San Antonio Riverwalk/Museum Reach

Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Justin H, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Antonio Riverwalk/Museum Reach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The room was nice but the staff really need to work on there customer service as well as professional knowledge of their hotel. The stay would have gotten a great review if not for the employees.
I drove up and was going to vallet but the guy wouldn't even acknowledge me so I grab a cart and start putting my bags on. Still nothing I finish with bags and decide to park the car leaving the cart with all my bags at the front. I get back pull the cart into the lobby and check in find out I need a parking pass and she says I have to talk to the vallet REALLY well he's no where to be found. So the front desk girl gives me a pass and I have to walk to my car put the pass on and then I can finally go to my room.
The good thing is Burbon St. Cafe it was Amazing !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Justin H, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Antonio Riverwalk/Museum Reach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We will definitely talk with our valet team regarding the issues that you experienced. If you are coming back to the area please email me at justin@abhhotels.com so that we have the opportunity to make up for this experience.

Justin Holley GM

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My boyfriend has never been to San Antonio so I took him for a weekend getaway, the hotel is brand new and we were really excited. First off the hotel is ways from the River walk don't let the pics fool you. When we drove in it seemed like we were in the ghetto kind of scarey and very dark at night. Parking was horrible we paid $16 to self park we showed up our first night after dinner and there was no parking we went inside and they staff said there is nothing that they could do. We said yes we are paying $16 we need a parking spot, the valet moved a car so we could park (the first night parking was comp). The hotel is very nice and clean, the pool is tiny the hot tub is tiner, the bed was hard as a rock did not sleep well at all. There isn't any ventalition in the bathroom steam was every where in the room....There was a starbucks and a cafe in the hotel but wasn't open. I know they are going through growing pains but if they want to succeed they will have to fix alot of stuff before we come back again...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in posting your review. We appreciate your feedback. We will address the issue regarding the parking as we have 3 parking lots available for our guests as well as secure valet parking. We are located on the museum district of the river walk as expressed in our property descriptions as well as our name. The museum reach extension was completed approximately 7 years ago and continues to grow with new development spurring up all around the hotel. If you ever are coming back to the area and would like to give us another try please call me or email me so that I can make up for your previous experience. justin@abhhotels.com or 210-515-4555

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night for a business event and was majorly impressed. Everything is brand new. The room was spacious and the bathroom was massive. Reminded me of an upscale boutique hotel. Food was also excellent. Service was top notch. Location on the river was perfect too. Ask for a room with a view.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I were in San Antonio for an event and to enjoy what San Antonio offers on the river walk. A little get-away weekend of sorts. We were thrilled with our accommodations and will definitely keep this place on our list for the future. Hotel was very modern, new and bright. Check-in staff were friendly and knowledgeable. We utilized the valet parking which if we wanted would have allowed in and out privileges. Rooms were spacious with many nice features such as a safe, refrigerator, nice LED TV’s, free Wi-Fi and very nice bathrooms. Excellent work-out rooms just a short walk from our door. The King sized bed was extremely comfortable for us and we had a nice view of the river walk below. The only down side was location as walking to the main areas was a little bid tedious. Neighborhood around was a little rough but we did not experience any issues. Highly recommend taking the taxi instead of wearing yourself out. Cost about $7.50 per direction depending on where you want to be dropped off. Well worth it! Wish we could have enjoyed the hotel more than we did. Will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple