“What you expect from Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World
Ranked #124 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
“What you expect from Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My stay was exactly as I expected. My room was clean and I had good service. The only complaint that I have is that the pancake maker wasn't working when I wet down for breakfast, but they had it working when I left.

• Stayed October 2012
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
We want to thank you for the kind words you said about our hotel. Your thoughts are important to us but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. We'll be sure to share it with the hotel staff. We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
McAllen, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We booked our room on Booking.com, we arrived at the hotel on Friday Oct 12th and our room was reserved as booking.com confirmed.

On Sat morning, after sleeping on the bed all night. I flipped back the blankets looking for a missing childs sock. I discovered dried vomit on the blanket we had used! My husband went down to the front desk to let them know. He was told that the maid would put a clean blanket on that morning. No big deal to the front desk clerk.

The next day at check-out, the hotel manager informed us that they did not accept booking.com and we were charged the regular rate for the room. Why did they accept the reservation from booking.com if they do not honor the rate? Also, if a customer slept on dirty blankets, would you not offer some type of compensation?

We have season passes for the following year to Sea World, we will not be using this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristy S
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Showed up to check in and was informed that they had checked us in and out and charged our card on file for one night stay because we failed to call the day of and cancel. After explaining to them that we had a non-refundable rate when we booked and that I had called a week in advance and spoke with Elizabeth and Carol to let them know we wouldn't be checking in on the original date as planned due to an unforseen circumstance with my husband's job, they still gave us a hard time about not calling the day of. I would think a week in advance would be AMPLE time and that I wouldn't have to remember to call again. When I called them on that day, I also booked an additional night and they took my credit card over the phone but when we arrived they showed no information in their system about us booking another night. As if that wasn't bad enough, we had a room that was muggy, warm and smelled like pee. It was so muggy you could feel the humidity on the tile floor of the bathroom. Several pipes were exposed in the bathroom, the maid failed to leave towels, rags, mouthwash, facial wipes and left the bucket of ice and coffee in the coffee maker. There was no effort to make this a pleasant experience. When we asked the front desk for a pull away bed we were told "yeah we can do that" instead of "yes, we can do that for you, is there anything else?" No thank you, nothing. When we arrived after a long day at Fiesta Texas and noticed we didn't have towels for a shower, we called the front desk and were told we would have to walk down and get our own towels. One morning when we stopped to ask a question, one of the employees came out of the office and jokingly said "cant a man eat his breakfast?". i know it was a joke, but I guess after the frustrations we'd already experienced, it struck us as unprofessional. This is the first review I have ever left for a hotel. We travel often. At least 2-3 times to San Antonio because its close to our hometown and we have a 3yr old who loves Fiesta Texas and Sea World. We will never stay here again. When we return, we will most likely stay on the Riverwalk at the Drury like we usually do. But, if you are looking for a hotel similiar to this one, stay at the Holiday Inn Express at 10135 State Hwy 151. It's a nice, clean hotel and great location. We've stayed there before.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank astrosgirl23
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 18 October 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The main problem was that the Wi-Fi was intermittent and SLOW when it worked at all. I was there for business and the Wi-Fi problems seriously interfered with my ability to get my work done. (And the young man at the front desk in the evening did not seem to care, understand, or even sympathize.) These days a reliable internet connection is as important to a productive business trip as a bed and a bathroom; without a reliable connection it is sometimes impossible to prepare for the next day's work. (On another less important point, there is only one elevator which is also noticeably SLOW. So slow, in fact, that people in my group avoided going back to their room to drop things off or pick them up.) Im fairness I will mention that the more senior people at the front desk during the day were as pleasant and friendly as can be. The bottom line is that if you are visiting this part of San Antonio for leisure or to visit family, this hotel provides all the basics: A clean comfortable place to sleep. But if you are on business, there may be other choices which would allow you to be more productive.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Dear Dan G,

Thank you for the candid review of our property following your recent stay. We are happy to read your compliments of the day shift front desk. I apologize for the internet issues you encountered during your stay. We will certainly looked into this. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the service we offer our guests. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richmond, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The first night after I checked in my truck was broken into in the parking lot and a tool bag was stolen with about $800.00 worth of tools in it. When I went to the front desk I asked if they had security at the hotel. The man behind the counter said they did but they tried calling my room to let me know my truck door was open. I told him that I got the message at 5:00am when I got up. I told the man to call the police. He said "we can call them but they never show up". Ten minutes later the police show up and I make a report. The officer also told me that the "security guard" never steps out of the hotel at night. I personally suspect a hotel employee of this because after the incident, I never seen them again before I checked out. BEWARE!!!!! Don't trust them. I'm a priority club customer and was given a room on the third floor with no fridge or microwave. Never will stay at this hotel again, ever.................

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael D
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 4 October 2012

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband, children and myself all recently stayed at this Holiday Inn last month. We were pleased with the hotel's ammenities and loved the clean atmosphere! After checking in we decided to go for a swim. My husband wore his $732.00 citizen watch as it is a diver's watch and can be underwater. This is important to know because it was the SAME $732.00 watch that was STOLEN from the hotel room less than a day later. When we cleaned up for dinner, my husband took his watch off and dropped it in his bag. It was in the left hand outside pocket of his duffel bag. We went for dinner, came back and went to sleep. The next day he wore his Nike watch to Sea World because it is a more casual watch. (NOTE: the citizen watch was still in his bag at this time, he kept them both together). After returning to a clean room late that night, we put our children to bed and ourselves went to sleep! After checking out the next morning, my husnad went to get his watch to wear and it had been STOLEN!
I gave the hotle plenty of descriptions and offered to email photos of his watch on his arm from the night at the pool. I offered to send bank statements and recipts to proove that we had owned the watch. We gave detailed descripions the watches placement, the bag, ect. We filed a police report. We saked the Manager, housekeeping supervisor, along with the front desk ladies to PLEASE question the cleaning crews ect about the whereabouts of the watch. They refused to be accomadating to our requests.
It has been 3 weeks since the watch was taken. We have tried to have the watch replaced. We DO NOT want ANY free accomadations, as we would NEVER stay in this hotel again. We just want the watch replaced or returned.
We FINALLY got a phone call from an "insurance adjuster" today and were told that he simply had NO EVIDENCE that the watch was taken. Evidence? THere are no camera's in the room. I asked repeatedly if I could email photos of him wearing the watch teh evening before it was taken and they have yet to allow me to send any!
Take this as a WARNING! This hotel does NOT handle things correctly for the good of their customers. PLease know that if you stay here, your at risk. LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME! It's sad that we are living in a day where people will mistreat you (I could name the names of those involved but will not do so) when YOU are the victum.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sumer s
canderson1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I would like to take this time and apologize for the inconveniences that you had throughout your stay. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please feel free to contact me at canderson@baywoodhotels.com
Carol Anderson, GM
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I am SO tired of feeling ripped off by hotels! I chose this one based on the information and pictures on the website. We got there late on a Friday night and the room stunk like an old man covered in Brute cologne had just checked out of it and it just felt unclean. I thought about trying to enjoy the hot tub but didn't feel like that would be real clean either so I passed. Needless to say, the room was no where NEAR worth the $140/night that they are charging. I went down for "breakfast" on Saturday morning and not only did I not see the omelets that they advertise, but when I asked if they were going to be putting out more biscuits and gravy, I was told biscuits yes, but not gravy. To their defense, it was toward the end of the breakfast hours, but I was still less than impressed. There was also not enough seating for the people that were trying to eat. I normally stay at the La Quinta because at least there you don't feel like you are being ripped off. You pay less for the room and you know what to expect. They have "free" breakfast also. This was a serious waste of money! The people were nice, but I am thinking that if they are going to carry the name "Holiday Inn", they need to step up their game a lot. I will NOT be staying at this hotel again.....

Room Tip: Just choose a different hotel if you have ANY expectations based on the name.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear Kathy W,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It's nice to hear that our staff was nice during your stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation especially during breakfast. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. I hope that you will be joining us again in the future. We would love for you to experience not only what Holiday Inn Express SeaWorld has to offer but everything that we, the team can do.

Karen G.