“Would stay again.”

Ranked #130 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Would stay again.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The accommodations were nice, although a little dated. We were surprised that there was no refrigerator or microwave in the standard room.

We did have a small problem with our standard room, but the front desk was quick to move us into a suite for no additional cost.

I think the heated pool could have been a little warmer. Seemed pretty chilly to me.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are wanting a refrigerator or microwave, be sure to get a suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sandra G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for staying at our facilites. We truly appreciate your feedback. You mentioned that you had an issue, but the front desk quickly addressed your issue. We really try to problem solve in a timely manner. Also you mentioned that you would stay here again. We are pleased to know that your customer service was very hospitiable enough for you to want to come back and stay with us. Your comments really mean alot to us here. We are looking forward to seeing your once again.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here when we visited family and went to SeaWorld. It was three of us, and we were all happy with everything. The room was nice and clean, no complaints at all. It's not fancy, but perfect for us. The only drawback was that there's no fridge.

• Stayed July 2014
Sandra G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your stay with us at our hotel. You mentioned that your stay was "perfect." We are so happy to hear that your stay was a most memorable one. Our entire staff says, " hI." We take pride in our customer service and are elated to know that you noticed it all. Please come back to visit us soon. You have really made our hotel proud to know that you had a blast!

PA
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My son and his children and me stayed at this Inn and were pleasantly surprised. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Couldn't be more helpful and you really have to go some to beat their breakfast buffet.

Kids loved the pool. We found the room to be very clean and fresh. Bathroom was very clean and we had plenty of towels and toiletries.

We will be back there again for sure!

Room Tip: Corner suites are best and easier for bringing in luggage, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for you kind words about your stay and our staff. They all have been notified about your appreciativeness concerning you stay. You are truly a valued guest here and it was our pleasure to have served you to your satisfaction. Please come back to visit us again when and if time permits. Thank you for your feedback it means the world to us here!

Killeen
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The prices we're were great and the staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. We had a nice hot breakfast before we checked out . Jennifer and Vanessa showed great customer service. I will be returning in my next visit to San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2014
Sandra G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your staying at our hotel. We truly appreciate you as a valued guest. Your feedback is also very important to us. You mentioned that you had a great time. That is what we like to hear about our guest's stay. Providing excellent customer service is at the heart of what we do here. You also mentioned our breakfast hosts Jennifer and Vanessa. I have informed them of your mention and they told me to tell you, "Hi." Thank you for taking time out to come to visit us. You are always welcome here and we are waiting patiently to see you once again!

Front Office Mnager
Pharr
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I did not like the room I was in at all. The bathroom was a mess. I could see the bathroom had broken pipes in the sink, the shower did not work properly. For the price I paid I expected a lot more from them. Do not be fooled like me with the pictures you see online about this hotel.

1 Thank southtexas09
Let me start off by saying that I am so sorry that your stay wasn't a pleasant one. You mentioned how you were told that all of our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators in them. i don't know why one misled you, but only our suites have those appliances in them. You also mentioned that this stay isn't what you expected. Please call me so that we can discuss your entire stay. I apologize that you didn't get what you felt you deserved and I understand.. Please give us a chance to make our wrongs right by you. Our number is 210 520-4200. Call me please and I will do what it takes to hopefully allow you to stay with us once again. All of the departments have been notified of your concerns and we all have addressed them. Finally thank you for your feedback it is so crucial to us becoming better as a hotel. Take care and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying my main reason for picking this hotel was the great reviews big mistake! First I was told all the rooms had a refrigerator and microwave which was important I have three kids they lied no fridge but that wasn't the big issue cleanliness was my sheets had what looked to be mascara and pee on them the pillow cases also had something on them needless to say I am 100% sure they were NOT CLEANED before we arrived just made to look like they were!And the carpet filthy I also didn't appreciate the hair filled in the bathtub drain other than the staff being very friendly the rooms are GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!

• Stayed July 2014
Sandra G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
First of all let me apologize for the service that you received at our hotel. I am truly sorry for that because according to your words our reviews were great and that is why you choose to stay with us. We have worked very hard to get those excellent reviews and from your feedback we didn't do a good job providing the excellent customer service that was due you. This isn't normal for us and we definitely didn't make your stay an enjoyable one. Please forgive us for all of the inconveniences that you had including the cleanliness of your room as well as the bath room. Please call me so that we can take care of you the way a hotel should when it doesn't live up to the excellent reviews according to your stay.We are a much better hotel than that. Our number is 210 520-4200 and I am the front office manager and I am looking forward to discussing your entire stay so that I can make our wrongs right by you. Thank you for you feedback it is crucial to our success.

Angleton, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel was nice, what I expect out of a Holiday Inn Express. I was up late drying my clothes (taking forever, it was a load of towells) and Carlos asked how my night was. I answered it was going good, I was tired and waiting on my towells to dry. He said, hold on! He opened the laundry room with the INDUSTRIAL dryers and said "go get your laundry and put it in here" within a few minutes all towells were dry and I could go back to my room and go to sleep. Thanks A LOT CARLOS!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sandra G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your stay here at our hotel. You mentioned that you had a great stay and that Carlos made your stay a memorable one. Thank you for you kind words about our hotel and your stay. Please come back to visit us again if and when you are in our area. We truly value you as our guest. Take care and hope to see you again!