“Friendly, clean, good location, WiFi worked well”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #6 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I think the thing that stood out for me the most during my recent stay at the Hotel Contessa was how friendly everyone on the staff was. Also, the hotel overall and my room was very clean. The Wi-Fi worked well and the hotel was a good location for me. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,346)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My two kids (24 and 27) recently stayed at the Hotel Contessa for the first time. It came highly recommended by my best friend and boy was she right! I loved it! The hotel itself is beautiful, and all of the employees from the bell staff to the front desk were so pleasant and friendly! The location on the River Walk is super convenient to all the popular places on the river. The room was very comfortable for the three of us, actually very roomy above and beyond what we needed! I have had several "favorites" in the hotels on the River Walk and the Hotel Contessa is definitely my new #1 favorite!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DiDollar
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Contessa was a wonderful experience in every way. Right on the River Walk was a beautiful room overlooking all the action. The staff were all very kind and welcoming. We could not have asked for a better experience. Will stay there in the future. A romantic place to spend out 37th Anniversary.

Room Tip: City VIew is the best
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was at the hotel this last week for a conference and I was amazed by the courteous, friendly and helpful staff. Every single one of them was so friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate what ever I needed. I have traveled all over the world and stayed at many luxury hotels, and I can tell you hands down, Hotel Contessa's staff is the friendliest, most helpful, and courteous staff I have ever experienced!!!!!!!! Really I was blown away by their EXCELLENCE !!!!!!!
Everything from the care of our room, Ismael helping with my need for oatmeal in the morning, or Jose in engineering, helping with a problem in our room, both with so much kindness, helpfulness, and professional courtesy, I was amazed. The thing that completely touched my heart and blew me away with gratitude, was I was fighting a cold and not feeling well on Thursday (12/5/13),after my conference all day, and really needed to crawl up to my room with some chicken soup and go straight to bed to make it through the conference. I called room service to see if they had some chicken soup they could send up to my room. I don't know the name of the woman who answered the phone ( or the Wonderful chef) , but she said they didn't, but to hold on a minute and she would check with the chef. To my utter amazement she came back to the phone and said, the chef said he had all the ingredients and would be glad to make me some chicken soup!!!!! I almost cried I was so touched by this act of kindness. WOW!!!!! Shortly there after, they delivered my chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwich I ordered. I went to sleep and felt a hundred times better the next day and was able to enjoy my conference the rest of my stay. I cannot tell you what this meant to me!!!!! BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO to all the amazing staff at your hotel. In addition- the hotel is BEAUTIFUL!! EXCELLENT, PERFECT LOCATION!!!! It's located right on the river walk which is LOVELY, CONVENIENT,( you don't need a car for anything) you can walk to anything you need, or if you have need for things further away, you can take a taxi. The river walk is amazing and magical, full of beautiful twinkling lights at night, lined with quaint, charming, delicious cafés and restaurants right on the river, you can even have dinner aboard one of the many barges that float along the river daily. Or you can just take the barge. Bottom line-IF YOURE GOING TO SAN ANTONIO- STAY AT THE HOTEL CONTESSA, you will be so glad you did. Deep gratitude and ACCOLADES- Eva

Room Tip: On the river rooms are a special treat everyday!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gratefulsoul
Reviewed 4 December 2013

From the moment we pulled in the entrance after a 6000 road trip, we were greeted with outstanding service, advice, and friendly attitude. Everyone was anxious to please at all points of our check-in. Directed to our room we were highly impressed with the room layout, extra sitting room with TV, and plush bathroom facilities. Our bed was thick and comfortable with a small view of the riverwalk...which was 20 feet from one of the hotels exits. Nice bar and restaurant with happy hour tapas at reasonable fare. Wish we would have booked a longer stay there. Will look them up again in the future. As should you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My compliments to Blas and Verlissa(sp?) at the front desk. They found reasons things could be done instead of why they couldn't. Eddie, bellman, all the valet parkers and Ismael the doorman and the ladies on the fourth floor that cleaned the rooms were all very cordial. Everything seemed very clean. All the staff including Joe, one of the maintenance engineers we asking if we needed anything. It was just, all in all, a very pleasant stay. My daughters in two other rooms were all very impressed. Thanks for a nice holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was my first time to San Antonio. I went for work, but I still had some spare time. I got lucky. I picked a hotel close to the address of my conference. My room was beautiful. Staff was excellent - very kind, well informed, eager to help me . I was right on the river walk (river boat tour a must). I was within walking distance to shopping, bouble decker tour, reastaurants, museums, Alamo, etc. Cork Bar inside Hotel Contessa had wonderful food - staff their was also terrific. If I ever go back to San Antonio, there is no place else I would stay. Hotel Contessa was AMAZING!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business