“Charming decor and exceptional service”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #11 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Charming decor and exceptional service”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel Contessa is centrally located to the Convention Center and Alamo and is right on the Riverwalk. The staff is incredibly friendly, the rooms spacious, clean and comfortable and the hotel itself is charming and has a unique flair. I can't say enough about the exceptional customer service - Loved Jessica at the front desk! I would recommend Hotel Contessa to anyone travelling to San Antonio!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Julie P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (861)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Better than the beautiful hotel itself is the amazing staff. This hotel has impeccable service and attention to detail. The valet is friendly, Fatima at the front desk is always a pleasure, and room service is delightful. The rooms are great plenty of space in the living room and wonderful views. There is not a bad view in any room, however if you would like a great city view floors 6 and up, on the riverside floors 4-7 are the best. The food at Las Ramblas is great try the burger its delicious and their breakfast sandwich. The plus about this hotel is that they are on a quieter side of the riverwalk but just a few minutes from all the major attractions on the riverwalk. Parking is $30 a night but there are other parking garages around the hotel that are less, they just do not have in and out privileges. Also the best part is the rooftop heated pool with 180 degree views of the city. Also if you are coming from out of town the hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport, and about 20 minutes to Six Flags if you are coming with the family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming for their first time to San Antonio.

Room Tip: Higher floors for city view rooms and floors 4-7 for riverwalk view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Recently stayed at the Hotel Contessa. Extraordinarily efficient staff finding us everything needed. I would highly recommend as centrally located and food was excellent. The Hotel is directly on the Riverwalk and close to the Alamo.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank joyful753
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I'll start by saying that when I arrived I was greated by Fatima at the front desk who was very helpful. She pointed me in the right direction where to get great food and drinks. I booked this through Priceline. I'd never tried Priceline except for near home so I was a little worried I wouldnt get a quality hotel or if I did, It'd be way out of the way. I was surprised when I arrived at the Hotel Contessa to find that it was right on the River Walk. As a matter of fact I was able to sit right outside of the back door and have a great view of the river. The room was very clean and spacious. They have Starbucks coffee in the room and a mini bar that's prices werent too terrible when considering that it is afterall a mini bar. Upon checking in they gave me a cork that was worth $5 off at the cork bar which is down stairs. It was prefect for a free glass of wine at happy hour. The main part of the River Walk with all of the restaurants and shops was only a short walk. Overall I would have to say I liked this hotel. My only complaint would be houskeeping...They did a good job on keeping the room clean. But the second day they didn't clean the room until around 4pm and the third day they were practically beating the door down at 9am. This was the day I was checking out so it would have been nice not to have them try entering the room 2-3 times before I even had the chance to check out at 11am. I guess I should have put up the do not disturb sign. Even still, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a river view room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Buda, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We were moved to this hotel due an overbooking at another one by the organizers of the volleyball tournament our daughter was in. This is a nice place and we really didn't get to see all of it due to being at the tournament most of the time. We had a great view of the river and downtown San Antonio is very vibrant - there were lots of people around! Check-in was flawless and when we needed something small brought to the room that we forget they were quick to help us out. The room was big and well-apportioned.

Why only 4 stars? They painted the walls on our floor so that when we returned from a very long day at the Alamodome it was pungent and in my opinion just awful timing. Did the entire have to be painted during the day? Really? Also, one of the knobs was missing on one of the bathroom doors. Small things but they add up but then again neither of those would prevent us from staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Budamacs
Louise, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Perfect getaway hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Great bar and food with an awesome bartender. In house spa was a fantastic experience in itself. And the pool was awesome too. Love that it is walking distance to many attractions and great restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Travelingnow30
Port Neches, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have stayed at The Contessa about 25 times since they opened and have ALWAYS been very pleased. Over time it is inevitable that something will go wrong.... The few times that there have been issues they have always been corrected quickly and with a smile. I have been to other hotels on the Riverwalk and around downtown San Antonio...But I have never stayed anyplace else since finding The Contessa. I am anxious to see what the remodeled rooms will look like and I'm very glad to see that the exposed brick will be staying... Sorry that this is not much of a review, I just wanted to say what great times we have had over the years and that we hope to have many more.... PS.. I have read lots of reviews about the cost of valet parking...It is about half the price to self park but so much less trouble to pay the few extra dollars and go valet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family