“Wonderful Trip”

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #5 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Our organization hosted their conference here so we have been here all week. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location, but the staff was phenomenal! Ismael and Gaby were gracious and efficient, making sure everything was nice for our attendees. The coffee pot went out in my room - when I called room service they had a pot of coffee up to my room within minutes! Would highly recommend for anyone hosting a mid-size conference. Great experience and beautiful hotel~

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,325)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a business trip for me, but the staff made me feel like I was on a luxury vacation. I drove myself, but the valet staff opened my car door for me, helped me with my luggage, and helped to give me directions. They genuinely cared for me, and I had to write on here that they were truly amazing. I recommend this hotel simply for the valet staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I live in San Antonio and come downtown occasionally for a staycation. Hotel Contessa did not disappoint. Check in was easy and our room was ready early, went to the rooftop pool right away and enjoyed lounging with views of the city. Walked across the street from the hotel for happy hour at Zinc and later in the evening we walked to dinner at Biga on the Banks. Hotel is all suites, so it makes your stay very comfortable and roomy! Loved the patio on the 2nd floor for looking over the river walk and quiet and so relaxing! Would love to come back for our annual staycation! It was a great experience all around and the Spurs won the first round of playoffs, so it was even better! ;)

Room Tip: We had a city view but it still had partial river views too.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TabithaJ04
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I were in San Antonio for the weekend and stayed at Hotel Contessa. Hotel Contessa is very nice and the location is wonderful and our view was amazing!! The downside was their bed was too firm and the sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable. Also, the toliet roll in the bathroom was really dusty. Our experience at Hotel Contessa was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Contessa, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear davethecruiser,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your review on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that our location was perfect for you and that overall your experience at the hotel was a nice one.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bed too firm and that the sheets to be scratchy. It is most unusual to hear negative comments about the beds as they are less than a year old and most guests find them to be very comfortable. Bedding is certainly a very personal preference and we selected a mattress that we felt would satisfy the greatest number of guests possible. I will also look into the detergent settings to assure that the sheets are being laundered correctly. They should be soft and not feel scratchy. My apologies if the bedding impacted the quality of your rest during your visit.

As for the dust, while I appreciate you mentioning this to us, I am very sorry to hear about this and I can assure you that this imperfection is certainly not consistent with the level of service that we strive to deliver and that we have become recognized for. It will be addressed with our team.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and we hope to have you return to Hotel Contessa sometime in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Les

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a beautiful, all suite hotel. The rooms are fantastic with the seperate living area and the pull out sofa. The restrooms are roomy for a hotel room. Every employee is friendly. Stayed here during NIOSA so its just steps away from the festivities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kortiz
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Excellent!! The spa was wonderful and the hotel staff was, too. Great location. We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to visit. Definitely one of the better hotel experiences I've ever had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our first stay that this hotel and it was the best experience I've ever had at any hotel. Love the Riverwalk area and we had a riverview room. Great staff and friendliest I have ever been around. Would recommend staying here to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. Beautiful sights
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family