“Kate is the best !”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Kate is the best !”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice clean beautiful hotel, I had a little problem with the room keys, but nothing that they couldn't fix & the issue I had with the hotel . Kate was nice enough to help me with what was going on I wouldn't recommend any other person from this hotel . She is the one ! She took very good care of me

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rocky199

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Thank you Contessa staff for your courteous, helpful, and inviting environment you create for your guest!

I was extremely impressed while at The Hotel Contessa! The staff was extremely kind, polite, knowledgeable; they even remembered me by my first name . . . IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

With access to the Riverwalk, this made it a convenient place to browse the stores, access restaurants, and other locales inviting to the traveler in San Antonio.

Once again, thank you for exceptional service and welcoming staff!

Jon A. - Corporate Risk Manager

Room Tip: Don't compromise price for comfort!
Green Features: Employees are eager to assit your every need within their ability to please.
Seattle
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What does it take to get attention at this hotel? I called Front Desk 10 times over 30 minutes and did not manage to talk to anyone. Not even "can you hold on." In the meantime, drilling is going nonstop to "renovate" the space. The noise is deafening. And at 5:30 pm in the evening? When everyone is coming back to the hotel after a tiring day in the San Antonio sun? Are they even thinking?

Room Tip: I was here when the Spurs won so there was a parade. My room faced Market Street (parade thoroughfa...
3 Thank QuanTh
GM_Contessa, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Quanth,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback on your recent visit to Hotel Contessa. Our entire team was very disappointed to hear of your unsatisfactory stay at our hotel. Your experience, while unsatisfactory, is not indicative of the typically high service levels that we provide. We also apologize for the disruption that you experienced due to the hotel renovations that are under way. They are due to be competed soon and the hotel will be absolutely fabulous and unlike any other on the San Antonio Riverwalk.

Thank you for sharing your comments. They have been discussed among our team and we welcome the opportunity to have you back sometime in the future following our renovation so that you may experience the new and improved Hotel Contessa.

Les Utley
nyc
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I like this hotel much much much better than the Valencia. I dislike that the rooms do not have balconies. The room service menu is AWFUL. I ordered a ceasar salad and the lettuce was spoiled. There are fruit flies ALL over the hotel. My air conditioner vent was directly above my bed so no matter what the temperature, it was blowing on me which made it so uncomfortable to sleep. I did like the size of the room - I always feel safer in a larger room when the bed isn't next to the door. The inside of the toilet bowl was direct which was gross and my view was of other buildings and a small part of the river walk. I will see everyone that worked there was very friendly so that made it nice to be there for a week (for work). Also, one thing to mention is that the hotel is on the very end of the riverwalk and can get confusing when trying to find places to eat. The surrounding area is sketchy and I was told by a local to be very careful when walking alone.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was by far the best experience I have had at a hotel. Location was great with a very comfortable and relaxing seating area next to the riverwalk. The room and common areas were beautifully decorated. The room was incredibly spacious and very comfortable. Most impressive was the staff. Without exception, every single member of the staff that I interacted with was well informed, pleasant and very customer service oriented (including the conference/banquet staff). Of particular note, Eddie was very helpful to me on my last day in accommodating last minute changes to my schedule that required special arrangements for transportation. Thanks to all the staff for a pleasant experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room was gorgeous - absolutely beautiful. However, the noise from the Riverwalk makes it impossible to sleep. The restaurant downstairs was incredibly disappointing. Traveling with my young son that has autism and waited nearly 45 minutes for a simple breakfast, no water refills, even after complaining, still took 15-20 minutes after we were done eating to get our check in spite of our stacked dishes. Would never recommend the restaurant.

Room Tip: the large suites are beautiful, but located directly above riverwalk...choose wisely.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Pickens, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hotel Contessa is a must stay if you are in San Antonio. Every aspect of this hotel says luxury. This trip was for our 28th wedding anniversary and the staff made sure we were pampered. The reservations manager even remembered that we were there for our anniversary and had chocolate covered strawberries sent up on a plate that had written in chocolate "Happy 28th Anniversary" Our room was outstanding as well as the lobby and restaurant. The entire hotel and restaurant staff always greeted us with a genuine smile and was ready to help in any way. Our entire stay exceeded our expectations and made our anniversary one to remember. Thank you Hotel Contessa!! We will see you again!!

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor Riverwalk room and it was excellent in every way
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple