“Love this Hotel, put my only bad comment is about there discounts.”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #8 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Love this Hotel, put my only bad comment is about there discounts.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Im sharing this just to help out fellow soldiers. This hotel only gives military discounts during the week, which is horrible to me. We are like everyone else, we like to stay on the weekends. I appreciate at least they give a discount but AAA/Corporate members get there discounts 24/7. This just shows me yet again no one really gives a damn about their military members. We only matter when they need us. Well anyways this hotel is amazing and I have no complaints about the hotel, great location, staff is great, rooms are good and the views are amazing. Just upset me to see us military getting the short stick but if I have AAA im good all the time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ronald S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (891)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice location, we had a nice suite looking over the river. The master bedroom was a good size.
The bar was horrible... Warm beer, bad frozen margarita and bloody Maries were not even acceptable!!!
Stay out if here because it was bad. Never went to restaurant afraid if having the same experiments as the the bar, "the cork"

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vasco q
Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A beautiful hotel with excellent service and professional staff. I went for an escape and to relax after a long week. I was immediately transported to a different place and time with the décor and atmosphere in the hotel. The rooftop pool added to the feeling of being some place else, it was relaxing and beautifully decorated. I had the pleasure of enjoying Carlos amazing services at the Cork Bar and the wonderfully refreshing martini that he created. I don't remember the name or all of the ingredients - he had me at champagne! My escape included a visit to the Woodhouse Spa. Susan worked magic - the experience was like heaven on earth. The entire experience was absolutely fabulous to include waiting to get my car from valet. Both Joe and Steven were attentive and engaging while I waited for my car. I highly recommend Hotel Contessa to anyone that enjoys being pampered. This is my new place to get away from it all and simply unwind. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank agantcurtis
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was our first trip to the San Antonio area and staying at the Hotel Contessa was certainly a highlight of our trip. The rooms are spacious and inviting. Access to the Riverwalk was handy and the setting around the outdoor area was terrific. We even took our family pictures right outside the patio area, the setting was so beautiful Each and every member of the staff were courteous and very accommodating. If/when we come back to the San Antonio area, we will be sure to book our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Luxury suite right above the Riverwalk area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie O
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel on the River. The furnishings in the room are amazing!! I wish we had longer there. Breakfast at the hotel is well priced and can be eaten on the River but not in the touristy area where it's noisy. Only complaint would be the smell in the hall and renovations happening right above our room early morning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The cost of the stay at Hotel Contessa is similar to that of other riverwalk hotels and it didn't impress me. Only two working elevators were slow waiting for them to get to your floor. Pool was overly packed with kids and not very big. Paying for parking ($35 per day) was a hidden cost I didn't expect on top of all room fees. They offered a lot across the street for $15 that is unassociated with the actual hotel that was unguarded and hardly looked safe. Breakfast Buffett was good but again way overly priced at 20 bucks a person. The room was fine but nothing special, couch wasn't comfy and the bed was stiff. Overall it's a 3 star hotel and there are much better choices closer to the action on the river walk (this is quite far from the main part of the riverwalk action unless you go up to street level and cut across).

Stayed June 2014
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel has an excellent location right on the riverwalk but at the quiet end. An easy walk to all attractions. Hotel rooms clean and a nice size, I did not feel the cost of the upgrade to a river view was worth it as we could only see a small square of water from our window. The buffet breakfast is great value. The restaurant Las Ramblas has excellent food. Staff friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family