“NOISY......... But Very Nice”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #7 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“NOISY......... But Very Nice”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Read reviews of several properties in San Antonio Riverwalk area and decided to book 2 nights at Contessa. Large family so the suite was a must. Booked king suite with pullout couch. Wife and kids loved the hotel and proximity to Riverwalk. Very elegant and upscale feel. From the valet to the doorman, restaurant staff, housekeeping etc. Everyone took great care of us. Very clean, great location. Only complaint is NOISE. Room 416 was EXTREMELY noisy. Bar located right outside window was loud until wee hours of the morning. There is also road construction on Market and Navarro St. Every car that drives over the construction site makes a loud banging sound. Finally, with the renovation taking place directly above our room, someone thought it a good idea to drill or cut tile at 9am Friday morning. This was loud to the point you could not hear the person speaking to you in the same room. Luckily this began right when we were leaving to start our day.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sqivdad4life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wonderful service! From day 1 until I left, service manager Ismael greeted me by name. There was another service staff who overheard me say they ran out of snacks at my training and I was too late to get one. He went and prepared me one and brought me the snack and I was on another floor altogether - I don't even know how he found me! I was sooo impressed!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is on the Riverwalk in San Antonio and walking distance to many restaurants and activitie...
Green Features: Can't say enough about the pleasantness of the staff. It was obvious they are proud of their hotel - don't see that very often anymore!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cdalmolin
Waco
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful will come back
We felt like royalty there
The doormen and the porters are so friendly and knowledgeable
The desk clerk Kate was great too
We had the best time there not to mention it's right on the river too
Ranjan and Victoria
Waco Texas

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Manidahya
Katy
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our whole experience at Hotel Contessa was awesome. We have never experienced a more friendly and helpful staff and not just upon arrival. Every time we entered the front door we were greeted by the doormen. I must give a special shout out to Mando, Joe and Eddie. They were always helpful by answering questions or just checking to make sure we were having a great visit. Mando did a final walkthrough of our room when retrieving our luggage and found a charger we had missed. The breakfast buffet was great and Josh did an excellent job of waiting on us. One morning while I was enjoying coffee by the river Adam, the food and beverage director, asked several times if I needed more coffee. It was obvious that regardless of position the staff put the guest first and foremost. We had one snafu in the restaurant but the restaurant manager, Robert's, response made it acceptable. Be sure and try the margaritas! The check-in and checkout process was very smooth.
The property is beautiful. It is located on the riverwalk right in front of the city's marriage island. This would be a beautiful wedding venue. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. I loved the brick walls and exposed concrete. It truly paid tribute to the history of the area. I did not find the lighting in the bathroom conducive to applying makeup but I did appreciate the magnifying make-up mirror. The riverwalk view was a WOW!
We visit the riverwalk and San Antonio often. Hotel Contessa will be my first choice for accommodations in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites making it an awesome value when traveling with family and friends.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Becky T
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel Contessa is one of the best serviced, well maintained hotels I ever stayed at, not to mention the phenomenal staff. It's truly an amazing place to stay. I would recommend any family or business man to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank JaredDavis9
Roseville, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I were treated like Royalty. We were to stay only 1 night, but the service was so excellent, we stayed another. One example was the staff directed us to wonderful restaurants.
Robert in the bar, spent time with us, we chatted about wine. The Conseair made our reservations, and Eddie G, took care of all our room needs.
The room was very clean. and we had an awesome view. The pool, on top of the Hotel, was wonderful.
if you have an opportunity to visit the Hotel, it will be worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy W
GM_Contessa, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear WendyW,

Your fabulous review makes us feel like royalty too! If only every one-nighter were to feel the same as you and stay for two-nights...wouldn't that be great!

Thank you for taking time to mention Robert in Las Ramblas and Eddie G. at the front. They are both great assets to our team who take great pride in extending friendly and sincere hospitality to our guests. We are also proud of our concierge team, who take great care to assist our guests with all of their wishes and needs.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation to the others on TripAdvisor and hope that you'll return for another royal visit soon!

Kind regards,
Les Utley
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a 5 star hotel. The hospitality of the the hotel staff was fantastic and the location of the hotel is perfect close to restaurants and all of the things you want to see in San Antonio. Rooms are clean and very spacious. We are a family of six and we all fit comfortably in one room. The staff is exceptionally friendly and courteous. Just loved this hotel will definitely stay here again on my next visit to San

• Stayed June 2014