“Great Location on River Walk”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #6 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I found the hotel very nice and conveniently located directly on the River Walk.
The staff were all very friendly and professional. Our room on the 12th floor was very clean with a River Walk view. The king size bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. It was nice to not have to drive a car once we arrived and to be able to walk from the hotel and dine along the River Walk. We would definitely stay at the Contessa again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan G

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The 250+ room Hotel Contessa in San Antonio Texas is rather surprising and definitely not a run of the mill bland US corporate hotel.

Everything about the hotel is reassuring. It is clean, comfortable and efficiently organised. The hotel has a good atmosphere, not flash and heading towards the luxury end of the market. The clientele is a mixture of business types and families.

Even though from the outside the building looks like any other highrise tower block, in side what really stands out is the Spanish feel to the place. This includes both the bedrooms and the lobby area.

Situated in downtown San Antonio on south western part of the Riverwalk on a relatively quite stretch of the river. There is a good bar on the lower ground floor that connects directly to the Riverwalk. There is a small pool on the roof of the hotel roof. More a dipping pool rather then for doing lanes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Marc S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel room was nice & desk staff great but really noisy. I have lived in NYC my whole life so when i say noisy it was really annoying. The street noisy was disturbing all night and was on 9th floor. But worst thing was at 9:01 am they started drilling inside the hotel. I jumped out of bed so loud. Finally over $30 to park. But for noise very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Careful if book on expedia...rate was for Riverwalk view but did not get view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet G
GM_Contessa, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Janet G,

Thank you for taking time to share a your review with the TripAdvisor community on our hotel. We apologize for you being disturbed by the sounds of the city. We will often place light sleepers on the quieter river side of the hotel on higher floors. I wish we could have done the same for you. Yes, we are remodeling the guest rooms and once complete, they will be the most unique rooms in the entire city. The rooms that are already completed are receiving rave reviews! The good news is that the renovation is now just a few weeks away! We hope that you'll be back to experience the new and improved Contessa sometime soon. When you do, please contact me in advance so that I may personally see to it that you have a fabulous AND quiet room!

Kind regards,
Les

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Myself & 3 other friends stayed at this hotel over July 4th weekend. We had a great time. The hotel was nice & staff friendly. Our room was very roomy. Didn't seem like there were 4 of us in it. Pool area was nice and not crowded. We enjoyed appetizers & drinks at the bar and watched some soccer matches. It is central to anything you want to do along the Riverwalk. We took a short stroll to see the Alamo. Lots of restaurants & bars along the Riverwalk. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheryl A
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The top compliment I want to give is to the staff. Hotel Contessa does an excellent job hiring. Stephen - Kate - Carmen, to name a few, you were above your game! Thank you.
The hotel was very nice. The rooms were very nice. The location (on the Riverwalk) was great. The room service (meals) were awesome. Filets as good as Ruth's! Breakfast was yum every day!
Thank you - tripadvisor - for your advise. Hotel Contessa made our trip to San Antonio a great one!
Cate & Jim
(New Orleans)

Room Tip: Stay on the river side!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cate H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Contessa while on business in San Antonio. From the seamless check in process, to the very helpful valet staff. a definite must. My business trip needed 2 additional days at the hotel, and without any delay, I was able to extend my stay. The entire staff, very courteous and never overbearing or intrusive. The concierge staff even recommended Cavenders Boot store( when in SA buy a new pair of boots)....
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverwalk view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank S M
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Hotel Contessa. The room was awesome, staff was excellent and the experience was worth every nickel. Located on the River Walk is an added plus.
Next trip to San Antonio, I will be staying at Hotel Contessa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business